PDA

View Full Version : Short Term leasing of Aircraft under JAR

nonradio
1st Jul 2003, 01:08
Calling all JAR-OPS subpart M hex-perts!

Can anyone give a definitive answer to the problem of short term aircraft leasing under JAR-OPS 3 and JAR-OPS 3 subpart M?

JAR-OPS (rather than CAP 360) AOC holder wishes to lease in a machine for one day. Does this operator have only the option of leasing from another JAR-OPS AOC holder who can confirm the Maintenance has been carried out etc etc iaw JAR, or can he lease in a machine from a private source, or CAP 360 AOC holder, so long as the machine in question is on Transport cat and maintained by a JAR 145 MO?

If it is the former then that cuts down the number of potentially available machines a tad!

yours

Increasingly poor, and somewhat jaded JAR OPS AOC holder:ugh:

Blacksheep
3rd Jul 2003, 12:42
For such a short lease, the simplest solution is an 'ACMI' wet lease, operating the aircraft on the lessor's own AOC.

Through difficulties to the cinema

nonradio
4th Jul 2003, 02:00
Blacksheep- thanks for the reply, I just wish I understood it!
Sorry, could you expand a bit?
NR

Blacksheep
8th Jul 2003, 17:19
If you lease from a non-JAR OPS operator on a short term lease, it isn't worth operating it on your own AOC. We would usually provide an aircraft on an Aircraft-Crew-Maintenance-Insurance or ACMI lease and operate it on our own AOC. Since you are discussing JAR OPS 3 I assume you are talking about a helicopter, but I see no reason for different terms. To put the machine on your own AOC for a short lease, it simply isn't worth the effort and expense. In the case of a foreign operator, obtaining clearance for them to be based temporarily in your country is not generally a problem if you use your own flight numbers, but work permits for the crew can cause a headache.

nonradio
10th Jul 2003, 15:34
Thanks Blacksheep, yep you are correct - helicopter ops SE and SP; I now understand what AMCI means, but sadly at our end of the market (the bottom) to do it that way just isn't economically feasible.
I have written to the authority for a definitive answer, so I should know soon( by about Christmas on past performance)
Cheers

Bus429
11th Jul 2003, 02:52
Hi, Blacksheep, I thought you'd retired! How is it going? Thought you might have been doing a bit of ACMI work with one of your widebodies, hence the comprehensive reply.:D

Blacksheep
11th Jul 2003, 12:12
Retired? - Well yes, I suppose so. To the dreamingg spires of strategic planning. No more ginger beer for me Sir! Check your private messages...

Blacksheep
15th Jul 2003, 16:58
Thanks ASFKAP, yes it is Insurance - must be a slip of the brain caused by reading a trade magazine while browsing.
Our ISP is so slow you know, you have to do something while waiting for the pages to load...