PDA

View Full Version : Old Aviation Books

tony draper
1st Jul 2003, 00:02
Old RAF Book
A while back I sent someone who posts here some old Aircraft Books, Aircraft of the Fighting Powers I think they were called, for the life of me I can't recal who I shiped them to now.
I was clearing out some more stuff and I came across What seems to be a book of bound copies of a RAF magazine from the year 1955,The cover and spine are a bit battered, but the spine bares the legend Royal Air Force Flying Revue 1955 , least I think thats what it says.
This book is full of articles about the fast pointy things of that era, and interesting adverts for long defunct British Aviation Companies, and London Taylored Suits for 32/- ect and interesting places for RAF coves to stay in London.
All this stuff will be flung into a skip along with the rest of Drapers treasure such as his lead soldiers,wooden fort and Flash Gordon Ray Gun when he pops his clogs, I would rather they went to a good home.
There are also a few other Aviation books of that era,ie Japanese Aircraft of WW11 by John Stroud, and some others I haven't got round to checking yet, if the same person wants these, drop me a email at.

[email protected]

I will post this on the Nostagia Forum as well, I don't think that existed at the time I sent those other books off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tony draper
1st Jul 2003, 04:45
Oh Dear!, a fine kettle of fish you have opened here Draper,a few prooners have emailed me with regard to these tomes,Gentlemen it was not my intention to sell these books, just hand them on to a good home.
The chap I sent those other books to was called Tony, I do not recal his proon name,I believe he was involved in restoring old aircraft or something similar.
If I do not hear from him I will draw lots with the prooners names who have contacted me and send the books on to the winner.
Some facinasting articles by the way , one on flying the Prone position Meteor, never heard of that one, and another looking forward to the appearence of the new English Electric Lightning at Farnbourgh.
Happy Days,
:rolleyes

PPRuNe Pop
2nd Jul 2003, 05:02
Drapes.

If I may be so bold. These type of books do very well at the PPRuNe Bashes at auction. That way the PPRuNe Fund benefits. If that is your wish I would be most pleased to accept for the next auction.

In fact I sold my own collection of Royal Air Force Flying Review from '53 to '59 I think. Put over £100 into the fund.

PPP

tony draper
6th Jul 2003, 00:56
Damm, sorry PPRuNe Pop, I forgot I had posted this here as well, I already told those ruffians on the military forum that I had picked a winner, if I change it now they will scream and scream and make themselves sick.
:(

PPRuNe Pop
6th Jul 2003, 01:40
Thanks for the reply drapes. Not to worry. I certainly would not want you to renage on your promises anyway.

But.................this thread will (I promise) serve to nudge others who might just have something they no longer want, but some GatBashers might!

Wot goes around becomes a pound ;)

Thanks again.

tony draper
6th Jul 2003, 18:42
There are a couple of other old books PPRuNe Pop.

"Elementry Flying Training", issued by the Air Ministry 1943, this is a small paper back booklet.

"Japanese Aircraft" by John Stroud, dated 1945.

Both these have covers that are a tad battered, but are ok inside.
If you would like these for your auction Pop please send me your addy.
;)

PPRuNe Pop
11th Jul 2003, 17:59
Sorry drapes, I completely missed your post. Thanks very much. Anything aviation sells usually so yes please,

Check your PM's.

Thanks,

PPP