PDA

View Full Version : Dh Moth Tour

paulc
30th Jun 2003, 20:56
Did any Pruners catch the DH Moth tour as it visited various airfields over the weekend. I was lucky to catch them at Goodwood and to see 23 Tiger Moths, 3 Leopard Moths, 2 Hornet Moths, 1 Puss Moth, 1 Moth Major, 1 Dragon Rapide and a Dragonfly in one place was amazing.

Not sure how to link pictures to this site but the ones I took are on www.airliners.net

Biggles Flies Undone
30th Jun 2003, 22:07
Spotted them heading West past Worthing on Saturday lunchtime. A lovely sight and sound. Loads of people were on the sea front to watch :ok:

skua
30th Jun 2003, 22:34
I watched them at Rochester on Friday evening as they came in from Duxford. The watching was involuntary- I was at the hold for 20 mins waiting for departure clearance! I was getting a little brassed off until near the end when a Spitfire entered the circuit amongst them, and plopped down right in front of me. Magic.

gizmocat
1st Jul 2003, 00:56
Saw them at Old Sarum on sunday, fantastic morning. Really chuffed when G-AHAN turned up, flew her a couple of months ago.

vintage ATCO
1st Jul 2003, 01:23
Caught up with them at Sywell and Duxford on Friday.
Here are some photos http://www.stevelevien.com/vat.htm

VA

Sir George Cayley
8th Jul 2003, 10:01
I'd be interested to see a list of all the fields visited by the tour if anyone has it

Sir George Cayley

The air is a navigable ocean the laps at everyones door

vintage ATCO
10th Jul 2003, 18:16
Sherburn-in-Elmet
Fenland
Sywell
Duxford
Rochester (nite stop)
Headcorn
Shoreham
Sandown
Chichester (Goodwood) (nite stop)
Old Sarum
Compton Abbas
Kemble

treadigraph
10th Jul 2003, 18:49
Next year if they do it - and why not! - how about a stream flypast of Croydon Airport for us locals! Rochester/Shoreham, sneak round Biggin and Gatwick (they'd probably enjoy an overflight too!)

Lovely pics Steve!

vintage ATCO
10th Jul 2003, 19:29
In 2001 when we held the Moth Rally at Old Warden because of foot & mouth worries at Woburn, a pair of Italian Tigers arrived on the Friday. The crews, an Alitalia Captain and his son, remarked they had just flown 'right over the top' of Stansted. Gulp, I said, you did get clearance, didn't you!!?? Oh yes, was the reply, in fact they asked us to come a bit lower.

And they did, one either side of the tower with smoke! Shame there was no pictures, but probably just as well. :D

VA