PDA

View Full Version : What are FLS like to work for?

TINBASHER99
30th Jun 2003, 18:09
I am just asking around to see what FLS are like to work for as I am considering applying for a job at Stansted with them. I am currently with BA at gatwick so am obviously looking for a change as options are a bit limited at the moment. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

One_of_the_Lads_1973
1st Jul 2003, 20:55
Looks like they are just about to be taken over by some as yet unknown outfit. Not for the first time. Have a look on the airmech's site for more information about them, or go across to their shed at LGW and ask the blokes there their views. Good luck.

eng123
3rd Jul 2003, 07:46
Avoid like the plague! Worked for them a while back for several years and despite being made redundant once,most of the time it was great.
Now it is a very different animal.I know a lot of people who are really desperate,and I do mean desperate,to get out.

asheng
7th Jul 2003, 20:31
Tinbasher99, Like eng123 I did a while with them and as his advise states AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE they are awful.

They are also supposedly being bought out by various organisations but this is nothing new and various rumours are abound.

My advice at the moment is sit tight if you can and see what develops in the future,things have a habit of changing quickly in this business.

Most the good engineers I know at the company have either left already or are currently looking to get out at present.

maninblack
10th Jul 2003, 16:46
Look at their history, they have been closing facilities that logic dictates should be profitable.

Try ATC Lasham!