PDA

View Full Version : Free SAA flights is a HOAX !

Gunship
30th Jun 2003, 17:44
Sorry to post this here .. but I ven got this hoax from fellow PPRUNERS .. have a great week !

South African Airways has warned that an email offering free tickets on its flights is a hoax and should be ignored.

The email was being sent to hundreds of users urging them to pass it on to five other people to qualify for a free ticket, the national airline said in a statement on Sunday.

"(It) claims the airline is offering free tickets to boost occupancy levels for some of its overseas destinations."

SAA said the email claimed the airline was trying to boost occupancy levels in the wake of the severe acute respiratory syndrome scare and the war in Iraq.

"The airline is not offering any free tickets to any destination to boost demand." - Sapa
:ouch:

The Claw
1st Jul 2003, 03:59
It actually started as a BA hoax which was sent to me numerous times :*

Go to http.hoaxbusters.ciac.org-HBGiveAways for more gen. :ok:

George Tower
1st Jul 2003, 04:05
There's some gullable folk out there. What I find even more incredulous is that people actually forward this trash.

Kiwi Flyer
1st Jul 2003, 17:37
What bugs me is all the people who have sent it to me, always start with

"Sorry to send you this, but have to try"

No you do NOT have to try.......its rubbish and you should no better

1st Jul 2003, 21:00
Yeah, they say that if they send it to 10 ppl they get a free ticket/cellphone or whatever. They also say that the sponsor and microsoft track your emails and count the number of adresses in the adress line.!????
Now, if they had said that the NSA tracked my emails, I would believe that any day.