PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Belize?

Oliver Klozof
30th Jun 2003, 11:31
Hi,

What are the chances of an Aussie pilot getting work flying in Belize with either Tropic Air or Maya Island Air on the C208??

Any feedback welcome. Post it here or send me a private message.

Thanks

Panama Jack
30th Jun 2003, 15:34
You might want to search this forum for stings on this topic. Tropic Air and Maya Island Air routinely hire ex-pat pilots whenever no Belicians are available.

Having said that it normally requires you to at least visit-- being there at the right place and the right time.

You better Belize it. Good luck

Oliver Klozof
30th Jun 2003, 18:31
Thanks for your reply Panama Jack.

On my original attempt to find a similar thread the search function appeared to be disabled. Seems to work okay now.

Actually, not really fussed about what I fly. Would be just as happy in a C206 :ok:

Is there a 'peak' time when operators look for pilots??

Panama Jack
1st Jul 2003, 01:10
Having never worked there, I can't tell you the answer to that question however, one frequent contributor is MKEELAN and he worked at Tropic Air. If you search some of the threads (put in the search word "Belize" you will find a number of postings indicating good times of the year to hit them. Good luck.

mkeelan
1st Jul 2003, 11:13
PJ is right, both tropic and maya do hire expats when there are no local pilots to fill the slots. currently all the slots are full though, and there are unemployed belizean pilots waiting to fill the next ones that come available. i currently fly for tropic air, and i can tell you that we are overstaffed at the moment, and can't see anyone getting hired any time this year. maya island air is parking a couple of their caravans for this slow season (may - dec.) so they don't need any more pilots either. wish i could bring better news, but until aviation gets better in the rest of the world there won't be any movement in this area either.

cheers