PDA

View Full Version : Problem unpacking EasyClean...

brockenspectre
29th Jun 2003, 21:08
Hi all

Because my puter is running slowly I have browsed this forum to see what folks have advised in the past and noted that a program called EasyClean has been recommended.

I have been to the ToniArts site, downloaded the .exe but when I come to unpack it I get the following error message:General file transfer error.Please check your target location and try again.

Error Number:-2

Filename:C: \WINDOWS\TEMP\WZSE3.TMP\_setup.1

I have revisited the ToniArts site and message board and see a couple of other people have posted the same problem earlier this year but have not had a response - I have added my query to theirs but can anyone here advise me on what I need to do?

In case my download was in error I re downloaded the .exe and the error is still there.

Thanks (in advance) for any advice/help! :ok:

fobotcso
29th Jun 2003, 21:48
Hi and welcome,

This is all I have found so far on the Web using Google:

"If this error references a file in your temporary directory, such as "_setup.1", please make sure you are not exiting the WinZip Self-Extractor installer stub before Taglinator Setup is complete. This will delete the installation files prematurely. The stub will clean up its temporary files and exit on its own once Setup is finished."

It's nothing to do with your "Easy Clean" but the principle will be the same. Any use?

brockenspectre
29th Jun 2003, 22:05
fobotsco - thanks for that. The program is a self-installing/extracting one and is installed as an exe in my download directory..when double clicked on it creates its own installation window and after a few seconds produces the error...so .. looks like the program itself is doing what your search result references as a WinZip error ...

Thank you anyway .. not sure there is anything I can do though!!

:D

fobotcso
29th Jun 2003, 23:51
Is it worth opening Winzip first (assuming that you've got it) and then asking it to extract the so-called self-extracting exe file?

brockenspectre
30th Jun 2003, 00:16
fobotsco good idea but I have just opened WinZip and unfortunately it doesn't "play" with exe files ...

Thanks again for thinking about this for me! :ok:

BRL
30th Jun 2003, 02:09
Hi there. If its free try going to another place to find it. TuCows or Kaaza come to mind. If you give me a URL link I will try and download it and see how I get on with it just to see if it is the software itself or a more localised problem i.e your machine. Just an idea. :)

brockenspectre
30th Jun 2003, 03:08
BRL thanks for offering! here is the URL to download the exe file EasyClean Downloads (http://www.toniarts.com/dwnloads.htm ) and I first downloaded it from the Finland "clickable" and after the first error downloaded it again from the Canada "clickable".

Good luck! :ok:

BRL
1st Jul 2003, 04:48
Hi there. I have just downloaded it and got it up and running on my pc. No problems at all. :confused:

brockenspectre
3rd Jul 2003, 00:11
BRL Thank you so much for testing this for me! Yesterday I was accessing a site I often visit and it asked if I wanted to instal a Macromedia flash software (which I presumed I had?) so today .. when I read that you unpacked EasyClean OK I decided to try again and .. in seconds I am in EasyClean heaven!!

I obviously DID have something missing!!

Really appreciate your assistance!

:ok:

WE Branch Fanatic
4th Jul 2003, 22:15
Right

I've just downloade EasyClean. Now how do I use it?