PDA

View Full Version : New Window arriving 'minimised'

Sikpupi
28th Jun 2003, 17:34
Hi

Everytime I used the shortcut - 'open in new window' - the new window arrives in a minimised version.

This only started recently and is annoying to have to use another mouse movement to maximise the screenshot.

Any quick fix anyone???

regards

Sikpupi

Jet II
29th Jun 2003, 02:25
I've had the same problem - I've tried all the 'fixes' (registry editing, opening closing windows etc) but nothing worked.

So short of reloading XP I went with 'New window maximiser' from jiiSoft (http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm) - its free and it works - what more can I say.:D

Naples Air Center, Inc.
29th Jun 2003, 06:59
Sikpupi,

Without knowing which OS you are using etc., it is hard to answer exactly. Here is a reply from Microsoft on one known problem:

Unable to Configure Internet Shortcuts to Open Maximized

The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 for Windows NT 4.0
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 for Windows 98
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 for Windows 95

This article was previously published under Q222496

SYMPTOMS
After you install Internet Explorer 5, you may be unable to configure Internet shortcuts in the Favorites folder to open in a maximized or full-screen window.

RESOLUTION
To work around this problem, click Maximize after you start Internet Explorer.

STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.

Take Care,

Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Naples Air Center, Inc.
Custom Computers of Naples, Inc.

Sikpupi
1st Jul 2003, 04:33
JetII...many thanks....your link worked a dream.

I knew this was an site had brains to burn.!!!

I'll be passing on the link to my friends and hopefully getting some well-to-do kudos (if not some drinks as well)!!!

Theres an Arthur Guinness with you name on it!!

Many thanks

Sikpupi