PDA

View Full Version : Just a quicky for anyone who knows BA's ticket system

davethelimey
28th Jun 2003, 06:19
I was dead chuffed when I flew out to Chicago in January with BA and they gave me an upgrade to the premium economy class (insert actual name here). More space, better reclining, and those fancy-schmancy new laptop plugs in the seats.

If I get upgraded for the outward leg of a ticket, do I get upgraded for the return leg too, or should I flirt as gratuitously as possible with the check-in agent at O'Hare? Any other tips for scoring a one-time upgrade?

Again, thanks for any replies.

HZ123
28th Jun 2003, 15:11
No ! You may have been upgraded for any number of reasons that could include; you may have been upgraded by computer identifying your fare as a high one, by luck that the seat you were given was wanted by a group, that you were on your own thus easier to move, the a/c was full perhaps and it is easier to sort out individuals for a move and less hassle.

However, when you check in state how impressed you were and ask for an upgrade remind them how flexible you were on the first leg. Good luck !

zed3
29th Jun 2003, 03:55
Surely , the idea behind an upgrade is to make clear what you have missed in not booking there in the first place - or am I not mistaken , experts . In my case it certainly helped . Given my past experiences in First and Business - any long flight for the family is now booked Business or we don't fly. Maybe it's called style or comfort - whatever , we're all different!

PAXboy
29th Jun 2003, 08:04
In BA, it's called World Traveller Plus.
In VS, it's Premium Economy.
In BD, it (appears to be) called the New Economy.

I am told that SAS have this cabin too and one other. The seats are about 1.5 wide as standard Y and a pitch of 37/38. Which is, I gather, what CLub was when it started some 20 years. I have not been on WTP but have used the Virgin PE many times and like it a lot.