PDA

View Full Version : Flyjet

younglad20
27th Jun 2003, 18:45
Hey, ive heard so much bad stuff said about Flyjet and I can safely say its all rubbish.Ive been with them almost from day one and they are the best airline I have worked for. Very professional, the aircraft has had lots of time and money spent on it after its period as "Elsie Arsey" with MYT and we have just aquired our 2nd machine an ex AMM a/c to be based at MAN.The management are also seeking further a/c for later in the year as well. The Amritsas and Goa's are starting in Nov and will operate LGW-BHX- on to India with a flight time of 7hrs 38.The return sector has a tech stop in Ostend.We have had some glitches to start of with but these have been ironed out now.I have operated the first 2 flights out of LGW and the pax were thrilled with both the service and the airline, so those of you who are slagging us off,give it a rest, theres nothing wrong with Flyjet, if you don't believe me, book a Mark Warner holiday and you can fly FJE and see for yourself!

monarchgirl
27th Jun 2003, 20:51
Hi,

I too had an inteview with Flyjet, and was very impressed with the company. The inteviewer was lovely and very welcoming. I was also impressed with her opnions on CC/managment relations and how they wanted them to work together in harmony. Never heard anyone say this before! My company desperatly needs to look at this!

Are they now looking at Longhaul routes? If so where?

will the BHX crew being taking pax on to inda or the LGW crew?

mudcity
28th Jun 2003, 01:10
well I have just returned from a Mark Warner holiday and Fly jet were terrible....lots of lovely keen staff but the product was rubbish !
no kiddies packs on a mark warner flight !
no inflight entertainment
no newspapers on inbound
only one drinks +tea/coffee service on 3 hr flight
this felt like a charter from the 1980's it was horrible and felt cheap and nasty !

younglad20
29th Jun 2003, 21:24
Well thanks very much monarch girl, shame you didnt get in, and im surprised as we are CRYING out for crew.The crew will be LGW/MAN split and also DUB if the base is up and running by then.This is so that all crew are given a fair crack of the whip as far as long haul is concerned.The crew will operate through from LGW to Amritsar, the flight is only 7hrs 38.In response to Mudcity, if the flight was operated by a Flyjet a/c and not Electra
(shudder) the issues you mentioned have been put to cabin services previously and should be resolved very shortly.The fact you only recieved tea and coffee surprises me, my most recent flight from PVK to LGW with a full load we did call bell drinks as we had a majorly busy duty free round and lots of supernumary crew on board, so there was still a drinks service done, just not with carts.But as for no drinks, that is most definately not a standard part of the Flyjet product.We as crew have said we NEED newspapers/magazines I/B ,and kiddie packs are being sourced.That should be done soon and the IFE system IS operational, however we cannot use it.Im not sure to the exact reason for this as its not been confirmed, but its either due to the fact we do not yet have a licence to show programming or, MYT/Ansett havent yet sent on the paperwork that belongs to the IFE system,without which it cannot be used due to new regs issued following IFE fires over the last few months with other carriers a/c. Teething troubles thats all.All pax ive dealt with were thrilled with the service, however, you cannot please everyone all of the time.

bunnygirl
29th Jun 2003, 21:48
Good Luck to all at Flyjet...I worked for an airline set up by the same management team some 12 years ago....and that was a great/fun place to be with.

And like FlyJet we had our teething problems as well, and after that it was BRILLIANT...

PS, the livery is superb, very smart...hope you all have a long and successful future..

Bunny

monarchgirl
30th Jun 2003, 00:04
I did get the job with Flyjet, but also got offered Monarch at the same time. Decided to go with Mon, but am thinking twice about my decision now!

STARBUX
30th Jun 2003, 00:53
Dear Younglad,

Well wot can I say!!! You should work for the Labour Government...you certainly have a good line in spin, on seconds thoughts you sound a bit too honest to be a Gov spin Doctor!!!! Good luck to you guys!!!

Happy and safe Flying

FOXIBOY
30th Jun 2003, 18:51
:* I am also working as cabin crew with flyjet at lgw , and have to say i am very happy with the company.

As for mudcity saying the airline is rubbish i have to disagree,ok some areas need to be ironed out ,but i am sure this is the case for many start up airlines,so give us a break,i have been cc for 12 years and this is so far the best i have worked for.I also feel many of the established airlines have ares that need ironing out.
Or could this be sour grapes on mudcitys part are we competing with your company by any chance??????

;) just been on to the airport routes page and mudcity is there slagging fje of again saying we are the cheapest option is this because flyjet has taken some work from a certain airline ????????

;) AND HAVING WORKED FRO A CERTAIN START UP LAST YEAR I KNOW THEY HAD A FEW TEETHING PROBLEMS AND THEY DONT HAVE ENTERTAINMENT ON FLIGHTS OF 7 HOURS PLUS!!!!!!!!!

homesick rae
30th Jun 2003, 20:03
i've worked with a couple of airlines that had the same criticism...both of them attracted a lot of bad feeling from outsiders...

both companies were a shambles in many ways but the crew were professional and the airlines fun to work for...

however, both also went bust!;)

skyboy1919
1st Jul 2003, 02:15
I have not flown with Flyjet as a passenger, and am not working for them as crew, so I do not know what the service, or aircraft islike, however I do think that every company deserves a chance, there are always going to be problems at first, and it is a shame for those passengers that have to experience it, but thats a part of life.

I wish them luck, their are not that many airlines starting up, and recruiting right now, and by all accounts they pay o.k, the uniform is nice, and the management team is tried, and proven to be very sucessful, and great, I also applied, but never heard anything from them, and think its a real shame, as I could not think of anything more exciting than being with an airline from birth!

I wish you all good luck, and a very sucessful future
Enjoy India, its fab;)

younglad20
1st Jul 2003, 22:16
hehe foxi, i dunno who you are but i think i may have flown for the same airline,wont name names, but a stellar theme and flights over 7 hrs.mmm, i wonder!
Personally i wouldnt like to do flights to the back of beyond in Russia or Africa on 737(oopps if that doesnt give the identity away i dunno what does!) and as for the crew's working environment, from experience with those a/c, we had no space to store service equipment on an AGP or TFS, most of the stuff was in overhead bins on the rear rows,along with some food, so god knows how they cope on those flights with 2 meals etc to serve, a roofrack perhaps? :)Can anybody tell me if the loos work on those a/c now?smelt like a sewage works past row 15,eugh!Good old chemical lavvies.

Flightrider
2nd Jul 2003, 02:17
It seems everyone forgets to read the big red letters at the bottom of the page. Just in case you missed it:

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.

Foxiboy, a little bit of research wouldn't go amiss before shooting one's mouth off. If you do a search, it would seem from previous postings that mudcity has an amazingly intimate knowledge of the GPWS system on one of Monarch's A320s to be working for a competitor flying 737s. But hey - when did some facts get in the way of a good slanging match?

sweety
3rd Jul 2003, 00:33
Here we go again... It is not about the competition! You left the company you were not happy in, that's it! I do really hope you are happy wherever you are, but there is no reason for s******g "the certain airline with 737.s"!!!

I wish Flyjet the best of luck, I know how hard it is to start up from the scratch.

But please could you grow up? :confused:

FOXIBOY
3rd Jul 2003, 03:04
:;) I wasnt slagging off a certain 737 operator,but fly-jet dont need to be done down,after all its a new airline and as i have said teething problems are bound to occur,as i am sure many of you are aware problems can arise in established airlines i should know after 12 years in the air,as for growing up well lets not go there, but some of the postings that have been on here and in other forums were not vrey nice i.e fly-jet being discribed as cheap,or the cheapest option etc.

and as for no ife the airline is working on this however a licence is required for films or short programs to be shown and this is in hand to be sorted and as for papers rthese to are being sorced, as are the kiddie packs.As for one tea/coffee many pax prefer this as they dont want thier used meal trays sat in front of them but at the end of the day a pax can always request a second cup and they would be given another cup,and unlike many chaters at the moment we dont charge for meals.:)