PDA

View Full Version : QF short list

kaka1973
27th Jun 2003, 09:18
I went to the inter view for QF long haul Sep last year and made it it final stage. I received my 6months letter around Nov which already has expired last month. :(

Are there going to erase my name from the file??

what about the people who went to interview around Dec after we went??

any hope for us one day????

Hypoxic Harry
27th Jun 2003, 18:45
Kaka,

The only way you will find out for sure is to give them a phone call and ask.

I have heard in prior recruitments, that applicants have recieved notification via mail that their on hold time had unfortunatley ceased.

To be honest though, its not looking to go in your favour. Unfortunatley at this time, good ol' Qantas is in a bit of "shamozal" regarding recruitment and staff.

But go a head, just call them, they will be understanding, and more than happy to advise you of what is going on.

Keep applying to other airlines, and Goodluck..

ozskipper
2nd Jul 2003, 20:22
As I understand, everyone who went through the last recruitment drive (right up to January 2003) and made it to the final short list received an email from Qantas advising the following:

"Thank you for your application for Flight Attendant with Qantas Airways and your recent commitment in going through the selection process with us.

This is a courtesy note to advise you that your application is still currently on our shortlist , clearly current world events are impacting on any immediate initial Flight Attendant training programs within Qantas, we will of course advise you should anything change in the near future.

Once again, thank you for your interest in a position as a Flight Attendant with Qantas Airways."

Its all subjective but I read this as that we are all on hold until further notice.....

But I'd take Harry's advice.... give em a call!

kaka1973
4th Jul 2003, 12:33
I received a letter from QF yesterday to say,,,,
your 6months letter has already expired 5 May, however we are going to extend it untill Dec 2003.

YAY!!

did anyone get a same letter as I did???

cloud nine
4th Jul 2003, 13:10
Good news Kaka,

I recieved my 6 month hold letter on March 12 2003. I have not heard any thing since that date. Nothing at all.

I still have some time to go before it expires, so I am not that concerned yet.

The rumours that I have been hearing is that candidates on the active hold list will be recieving a call possibly at the end of this year or early next year. That is also when QF are rumoured to be doing another external recruitment drive to replenish the hold lists again. The big question is will we be offered fixed term, contract,part time or permanent? I guess if you are not already flying, you would be wise to take anything offered. But remembering that once the contract is finished there is a possibility that you will be out on your ear, no matter how well you preformed. I have seen this happen to a friend that was on a 12month contract with LH.

Just out of interest, was your extension letter emailed or posted to you?

cloud nine
4th Jul 2003, 15:05
Some one's ears must have been burning......I just recieved an email from QF.:O :O :O

ozskipper
4th Jul 2003, 20:02
My six months hasn't yet expired and isn't due to expire until September 2003.

Mine basically said, that I'm still on hold due to downturn in the industry and they will let me know if anything changes in the near future.

yellow rocket
5th Jul 2003, 18:41
Mine arrived by email yesterday and is the same as yours Ozskipper...better than being told it had expired.

Kind of makes sense to keep people on hold though considering the expense gone to recruit in the first place.

Even if its a year I'm happy to wait.

ozskipper
6th Jul 2003, 14:17
Amen! I don't think I could have gone through another recruitment process (and this was only my first!)......

kaka1973
6th Jul 2003, 14:24
I wonder how many people are on the short list for long haul at the moment??

ozskipper
6th Jul 2003, 15:40
I don't think anyone knows except someone in Qantas..... you don't really get to pick on your application form as such.

vdd
8th Jul 2003, 16:54
This is a bit of a step away from the subject, but I just read on the FAAA website that there will be no compulsory redundancies in QF Long Haul, which is really good news for our L/H friends out there. Things could be picking up;)

http://www.faaa.net/

Cheers
vdd