PDA

View Full Version : ITV,s HOLIDAY AIRLINE

PetPilot
27th Jun 2003, 00:11
Did any one see holiday airline a few days ago on ITV, I dont normally watch it, but nothing else was on.

I watched a rather interesting line trainner/ number 1 openly critisize his junior member of cabin crew, saying "sorry shes new, shes not very good" in the cabin!

I thought she did A ok! Especially when she had a TV crew in her face the whole time!

I was always taught as a crew member, to help and support each another and always work as a team! It would indicate to me, that this guy needs to attend another CRM course! How very unprofessional.

Hope I never have to cross him when im flying as Flight Deck!

PP

TurboJ
27th Jun 2003, 00:31
Yes, I saw that. Although he made the comment as a joke, it did appear unprofessional and unsupportive.

I would never criticise a junior colleague in front of a member of the public and at present I don't work in the industry.

Heathrow09L
27th Jun 2003, 04:28
I saw that too, I've worked for those type of company before, and those type of people should not be in the job, it was totally unprofessional, and I agree, I too always support my colleagues in front of the passengers, if they have done something wrong I will tell the politely and in private.

I think she did excellent on her Monarch Flight, if she can handle people like the no 1, then she has a bright carreer ahead of her.

Shadowpurser
27th Jun 2003, 15:51
He He I was it too!!!

What a pratt!!! That is the sort of person who should never be in charge and probably is bitter and twisted because the company recognise the same fact as well.

Talking down to people like that and making them feel tiny, stupid and insignificant is no way to behave, or make peope learn. As for making jokes about her in the cabin - many a true thing has been said in jest!! (or what someone thinks to be true).

I hope this girl didn't let this plonker get her down and went on to enjoy her career, she seemed just fine to me.

After all....it was just a few meals for god sake!!! Worst case scenario is they aren't going to eat them!! But as it turns out they had enough spares anyway, so situation normal.

"This is NOT up to Monarch standards"

Get a life mate! Look at the big picture.

Heathrow09L
27th Jun 2003, 17:46
Unfortunately, I bet the management have the same attitiude as the no1, but in all the pax where more supportive than her colleagues.

My personal opinion is that the No1 is not a very bright person!.

PetPilot
27th Jun 2003, 18:36
I totally agree with everyones comments about that number 1, he came across as very smarmy and slimmy, not the qualities i would look at for someone to be cabin crew, never mind a number one or line traininer.

Wonder if hes still flying as a line traininer with monarch?

wing_nut1
27th Jun 2003, 18:40
A slightly differnt view on these programs (the slf agents view)

It is programs likes these that really bug me! People think becasue they are being filmed they can shout and swear at the crew (in the air and on the ground) and 8/10 times they probably get what they want becasue the employer being filmed does not want to loose his calm in front of the film crew (thank god there are some people out there that do not take any :mad: from pax if they are on tv or not) People at home watching this then think that becasue they shouted and yelled, they got what they want so next time they see the opertuniy to do this they do exactly the same!!:*

When will they ever learn?!

getoverit
27th Jun 2003, 19:10
...anyway, wasn't the condescending pratt the number 2 cabin crew member, not the number1?! He seemed to be in charge of the rear galley - and on all the airlines ive worked for, the number 2 is in charge of the rear, but NOT of the whole aircraft.

I just cringed with embarrasment watching that programme - the girl was fabulous - she got stuck in and had a lovely bubbley personality - I think she did a marvellous job, particularly putting up with that snotty idiot of a 'colleague'. We all know thats not how to 'coach' and 'encourage' new crew - where was the praise?! Horrendously unprofessional, shame shame shame on him. If I ever caught a number 2 talking to ANY crew in that smug, pompous tone, i'd see how THEY liked it!! One cant help but suspect that perhaps the old dear has been in the job too long and been passed over too many times for promotion - honey, if youre getting bitter, its time to move on. :hmm:

OzzieO
28th Jun 2003, 04:13
Christ talk about getting your knickers in a twist here!!!

Yes she did a good job considering it was her first time in the galley but come on cut the guy a bit of slack here HE WAS ONLY JOKING!!!!

Theres more going on in the world of aviation to be worrying about!!!

Whiskey Zulu
28th Jun 2003, 07:25
Well said Ozzie. He was the No.2, not the No.1 and it was all firmly tongue in cheek. We all know that a sense of humour is a must for c/c and the girl took it all in the spirit intended. That shows she's got what it takes to be a good un imo.

It was irony, and selective editing can show a different picture than what really occurred.

You only take the piss out of people you like is a well known saying and it was clear to me that non of this was vindictive one-up-manship. Don't be so quick to slag ppl off. Nobody really knows how you would react in front of the cameras?

galley-wench22
28th Jun 2003, 18:03
I am a No.2 and I would never stoop as low and speak to junior crew that way! Saying that we all work as a team and no one, not even the no.1 would speak to their co-workers in that manner.

Did you notice the 'joke' he cracked, asking ehr "So..... what you going to do for work in October?". He was hinting that they would not take her on as a perm at the end of the season! OOH, how rude!

Xtra Crew
28th Jun 2003, 18:33
hi,
as i am living in spain i cannot watch itv.
does anyone know where i could buy a vhs tape or dvd with the itvīs airline & holiday airline series?
i did a search on the itv web page but couldnt find anything.

thanxs 4 ur replies!
Xtra Crew

Thunderbird One
28th Jun 2003, 19:55
There are so many like him in the world of flying. The good thing is that all the crew stick together and laugh at people like him and they don't get any respect. He just made a fool of himself and I'm sure he'll be cringing watching it (well he should be). It's people like him that take the fun out of flying. He's not doing a very good job and should not be in that position as people like him put crew in a bad mood and this reflects in the cabin. Would you go out with a smile on your face being nice to pax if he has just spoken to you like that or worse?
Airlines need to think more about crew welfare and let the crew look after the passengers. Happy crew means happy passengers.

Your making a laughing stock out of yourself man!!
:ok:

Whiskey Zulu
2nd Jul 2003, 06:30
Was quite good tonight. :)

yoohoo sista!
3rd Jul 2003, 17:30
I agree ! That No. 1/line trainer was totally unprofessional in the way he spoke about his colleague in the middle of the cabin I remember when I first started out as check-in staff at MAN apt and had exactly the same thing done to me by a girl who was considerably younger and less intelligent than me... I sat there quietly fuming to myself and now as I am in a position as a Purser where I constantly assess crew on a daily basis, I vow never to do that to ANYONE as I remember how it made me feel.

Heathrow09L
4th Jul 2003, 17:34
Yahoo sista

I can probaly imagine what company you are talking about.

Its a shame people like that have no common sense, if you work in customer services then you need to treat people with respect, I know it goes both ways.

As mentioned it only show the level of intelligence people have.

Whiskey Zulu
8th Jul 2003, 23:27
On again at 8pm tonight.

crewmeal
9th Jul 2003, 02:35
No it isn't - Dr No is on instead !!!