View Full Version : Al Baker

laury
26th Jun 2003, 23:08
From very reliable information have just heard that our CEO is out of flavour with the Emir.
The Emir has found out about his childish behaviour around the airline and how he is generally responsible for all the woes about the place.
He has just recently had a hard talking too and is now on notice due to several reports from various departments.
A rift now exists and aparenty his time is limited.
Expect to see a very much subdued CEO.

homesick rae
27th Jun 2003, 00:20
Hurrahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, though, heard this all before and NOWT has changed!!

jet4hire
27th Jun 2003, 06:35
No!!! F'kng way!!! that will never happened $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ alots of created interests involved betwen them.

And honestly speaking I believe he is the right person to run QR!!! from the progressive point of view of the airline he has to stay till the end of the Asian games at least!!!!

So, keep on dreaming.......:sad:

laury
27th Jun 2003, 14:32
To JET4HIRE

So let me ask you.
Do you agree with the way he treats his staff at QR?
Or are you too scared to post anything negative.

A300Man
29th Jun 2003, 21:18
Laury and Jet

This incident happened actually several weeks ago (refer my post entitled Qatar Critical).

However, all now appears to have calmed down and as Jet correcty states, there are several areas of synergy whch would make it difficult to change out the man.

The statements regarding a serious warning are correct, partially due to the fact that there is so much negative publicity within the industry community just now associated with QR. Unfortunately, in the bigger wider world, if a particular company individual receives a negative publicity, it is harmful not just for the company, but for others the region. (i.e. the impression is that the whole of the ME airline industry is run by tyrants and that it is a terrible place to come to).

Big brothers in Bahrain and Dubai have all recently held discussions surroundng recent ATM agenda, where it was "suggested" that general negative publicity should be avoided.

"Tarred with the same brush", so to speak!

Goldstone
2nd Jul 2003, 19:40
Jet4Hire ... what planet are you on??? The right man to run the business??? No way.

Hong Kong Layover
3rd Jul 2003, 05:23
Have seen and heard how CEO gets blasted by AJB on amiri flights and CEO is like a dog,tucks his tail between his legs and shivers like a rat!

a real p**f !!!!

laury
14th Jul 2003, 20:37
Al Baker has been seen on numerous occasions recently buying alcohol for particular females.
He must have double standards! From staff he is said to be more than willing to pay for the bill.
I cant understand this guy. He seems to have such a high standard yet you see little from him.
DONT GIVE ANY REPLIES SAYING TO THE CONTRARY, BECAUSE THIS IS TRUE!!!!!!!

homesick rae
14th Jul 2003, 22:14
he has been known to like a drop himself in the past! also true!