PDA

View Full Version : Best US Longhaul F Class?

DuncanF
26th Jun 2003, 03:36
I'm looking for ways of spending my BA miles and a visit to the US West Coast springs to mind. I'd use the miles for F class travel and may push the boat out all the way and visit Hawaii on a pay-for F class jaunt. Well if I'm in the neighbourhood ...

Most of the carriers to SFO or LAX/HNL are US and I'm unfamiliar with their F class product. Recommendations??

Thanks,

Duncan

Globaliser
27th Jun 2003, 02:00
Are you sure you didn't mean to ask about "Least Bad US Longhaul F Class?" :D

GalleyWench
27th Jun 2003, 02:12
Duncan. Most US carriers operate 2 class aircraft on the HNL markets so not a true "first class" when compared to international flights. Additionally most passengers travelling the HNL market are leisure travellers using miles for tickets so there is not the service on these flights that a flight of comparable legnth would have ( transcon), and many carriers use 757 equipment. What I am saying is , on a paid ticket the cost difference for FC does not get you much more than economy. Travel in economy and use the extra monies for your accomodation.

christep
19th Jul 2003, 19:10
I'd concur with the above.

Why not use the miles to come the other way round and fly to somewhere like Bali using CX? First class to HK (CX is the best F you can buy with BA miles) then regional J to Bali (4.5 hour flight) which is way way better than AA's domestic F service.

Rollingthunder
20th Jul 2003, 04:13
BALI?

Instead of worrying if your sunblock and bombblock are applied heavily enough - go somewhere where you won't be all tensed up and looking around in the wrong way all the time. Sorry Indonesia - that's just the way it is at the moment.

Can't comment on F/C US travel.

christep
20th Jul 2003, 09:37
Don't worry - Bali is a great place - even better now that dimwit Americans who still don't understand how terrorism works are all sitting at home in their bunkers.

You can have a great time for a week or more in Bali for the cost of a day or two in Hawaii. Superb hotels (try the Sheraton Laguna Nusa Dua), friendly people, great beaches, etc.

Confirmed Must Ride
22nd Jul 2003, 16:55
A bit ill informed on american carriers on previous replies. CO operates 767-400's on IAH/EWR - HNL. These are configured the same as transatlantic are - which just won best executive transatlantic carrier at the OAG awards.