PDA

View Full Version : FRI 2 payment query

Myra Leese
25th Jun 2003, 22:02
Have just recieved my FRI bonus(late!) and as well as giving 40% to Mr Brown in tax I have given him an extra £500 in NI contributions; anyone else been in this situation or is it a horrible mistake?:mad:

Hydraulic Palm Tree
26th Jun 2003, 01:10
I got taxed 40% total with no NI deduction. That was last September though and not sure if new NI rate would affect this!

HPT:)

Norfolk Boy
26th Jun 2003, 04:44
I assume you were born after 1 Apr therefore the Government stealth tax of an extra 1% on NI contributions has hit your FRI. It is a one off thankfully but people should be aware that the FRI is lessening in value. Tough news if you happen to have been in that bracket that thus far received nothing until this year's FRI2. If however, you were born before Apr 1 get onto Innsworth to get it sorted!

Darkside2
27th Jun 2003, 01:08
I've also just received my FRI and what a right B*lls Up Innsworth made of it. Supplementay pay chits with wrong amounts were sent to me, closely followed by signals hastily correcting these amounts. Unfortunately we do pay the 40% and THEN on your next normal monthly pay chit, your NI contributions ARE increased by 1% of your FRI i.e. £200 if you get the £20k bonus. Still, do spare a thought for the guys and girls that dipped out in what was a badly thought out and applied scheme.

aytoo
30th Jun 2003, 02:24
...and of course, those poor s*@s in the AAC who were paid it, then invited to pay it all back having completed the two years which HM Queen & Son plc bought from us! Yes, I are wun too!

Incidentally, when paid it I too was stopped NI, but this was repaid on the next months pay statement. Good to hear the Brown Jobs are not the only firm whose pay staff seem incapable of entering any single event - posting, promotion, FRI, flying pay et al, without making a complete horlicks of it.

To err is human, but to really foul up requires a computer somewhere!