PDA

View Full Version : How long to leave the service?

jerryatric
25th Jun 2003, 16:22
With all the uncertainty of the service pension I am seriously thinking of seeking employment elsewhere. However, I am loathed to go down the PVR route as I would instantly take a drop in flying pay. How will I stand if I were to give our lord and masters a month's notice?:confused:

The Gorilla
25th Jun 2003, 16:52
You wouldn't stand at all I am afraid!

Go to

http://www.aspals.com/

click on cases, then scroll down about half way to:

R v Secretary of State for Defence (ex parte Andrew Clarke)

and interpret the findings accordingly!

Hope it helps.

:(

teeteringhead
25th Jun 2003, 16:53
I think a navy mate tried it once - even sent cheques back for the pay he kept getting - but it didn't work and they got him in the end - Court Martial for AWOL I think.:(

navoff
25th Jun 2003, 18:48
If you have reached your 16/38 point and then PVR you will not miss out on any flying pay contrary to popular belief. You will however, lose between 10% to 5% of your pension for the honour of PVR'ing depending how close you are to 50. I've just done it and I am very glad!!:ok:

When I asked to leave they offered me 6 months without any real hesitation. To be honest the desk officer was exceptionally helpful.

jerryatric
26th Jun 2003, 02:51
Thanks for the postings guys!:O

grundog
26th Jun 2003, 13:11
I was a SH Nav and got out in 8 months from the PVR application.
I just asked the poster, took a duff desk job in Bosnia for 3 months and I got my way. Try being nice, polite and helpful instead of banging your head against the wall. It doesn't move!

I'm afraid you can't have your cake and eat it. PVR=drop in flying pay! The good news is that I was working in civvy street during my 99 days of leave I took so 2 incomes more than made up for it!!! Think about doing the same.

Hope this helps?

:)

unowho
27th Jun 2003, 05:04
I left just over a year ago, best move I made. Just takes the BALLS to do it. Now the happiest civvy.

brit bus driver
27th Jun 2003, 06:04
Just out of curiosity, what is the supposed justification for the drop in fg pay on PVR? Or, like most things, is there no reason; it just happens?

The Gorilla
27th Jun 2003, 06:54
Brit

Flying Pay has been many things over the years. Now it is officially a retention incentive.

Ergo, if you signal your intention to leave, you drop a band of flying pay. Stay and it isn't decreased!

Spiteful some might say!!

:ugh: