PDA

View Full Version : Blurry Eye drops with C1?

Dozza2k
25th Jun 2003, 15:57
Hi,
I'm off for my class 1 on friday and i was just re reading the info i had been sent and it mentioned the fact that eye drops which blur the vision are sometimes used, and as such you can't drive for 12 hours after? It makes it clear that these are not used on everyone, probably only when they want to do further analysis on the eye. My question is does anyone know what the condition is when the drops are used? Has anyone had them on their class1? and did it really prevent you from driving for 12 hours?
I was intending to drive straight home after for my U6 School leavers dinner!:rolleyes:
Any help would be great. Thanks in advance
Dozza

oh yeh, 1 more thing. Dress code? i was going to dress according to the weather, but some people are suggesting suits...........for a medical?????

heinzmanm
25th Jun 2003, 18:59
I had my Class 1 on 9th June and got the good news yesterday :-)

I didn't have eye drops but had really expected to as I have had LASIK and assumed that this would be required for them to have a much closer look at my eyes. As for which conditions require them, I'm not sure.

Regarding dress code, a suit is totally unnecessary. I wore a short sleeved shirt with trousers (no tie) and noticed that most others that were there had simialr clothes and some even wore jeans.

I'm not really sure why people suggest wearing a suit for the medical as at the end of the day, you either pass or you don't, and wearing certain clothes ain't going to help!!

Hope this answers your questions.

Loose rivets
26th Jun 2003, 06:14
My mate, 20+ k hours 40 years etc. Had drops to dilate his pupils. New fad, but there we are. He was told that he could have drops to close pupils, which he agreed to. Off to the loo (bathroom) afterwards. 5 mins later he was calling for someone to help him to the front door...everything was dark. Getting onto the bus he was helped by some kind soul and the conversation turned to his blind home. "Oh no! I'm and airline pilot.....I don't live in a home!"
He just told me this story, promising that it was true.

I have had dilater in twice in the last couple of years. Do NOT drive for quite a few hours after. 4 to 8 depending on you and the dilator.

Dozza2k
26th Jun 2003, 21:07
Thanks for the replies. It look as though i can get a lift there and back now. I didn't know it was to dilate the pupils, so i presume it is used quite frequently. Anyway, thanks again, now all i have to concentrate on is passing the darn thing..........:ok:

Dozza