PDA

View Full Version : Question for the AOA

BMM389EC
25th Jun 2003, 02:58
Can someone from the AOA please advise what is being done to help the guys who turned jobs down at Cathay in support of their Recruitment Ban?

BusyB
25th Jun 2003, 23:34
Why don't you ask the AOA direct?
[email protected]
Phone 852 2736 0823
I guess you're someone who didn't feel bound by the ban and is just trying to provoke an argument!!

BMM389EC
26th Jun 2003, 00:33
You guessed wrong.

dirty deeds
26th Jun 2003, 16:01
Spoke to someone who in the last six months was offered a job with Cathay and rang the AOA regarding the recruitement ban. He asked whether the AOA would support him in gaining employment if he turned down the job at the present time due to the recruitement ban?
ANS: Sorry we cannot do that as you are not a member of the AOA.
Then asked the question if cadet pilots were asked to respect the ban?
ANS: NO they are not.
Then asked the question whether pilots taking upgrades were asked to respect the current situation.
ANS: NO.
Then asked the question if this ban only applied to direct entry pilots.
ANS: Yes.
He then stated see you in Hong Kong!
Food for thought.

Bob Hawke
30th Jun 2003, 13:34
What an excellent call. Bloody Hypocrites. :mad:

Wizofoz
30th Jun 2003, 15:46
BusyB,

Did exactly as you suggested. Result-SILENCE! E-mailed them a week ago, ZERO response.

I actually e-mailed CH about this during the ban. His first reply re-itterated that the AOA would "Support the application" of pilots who turned a job down during the ban. When I asked what form this "Support" would take I got evation and double talk.

There are good guys out of work because of the AOAs cowardice and hypocricy. There are good guys IN work, but facing ostracisam and intimidation because they wouldn't support the un-supportable.

BusyB
1st Jul 2003, 04:49
Wizofoz, Sorry to hear you didn't get the courtesy of a reply. I will put my tuppence worth in ref that. I'm not going to discuss your 2nd para as all reasoning has been published before and as you say there are good men out of work!

1-stripper
2nd Jul 2003, 07:34
Good guys don't deserve the ****s in fragrant harbour.