PDA

View Full Version : ryanair

craic1510
23rd Jun 2003, 22:47
does anyone work for Ryanair? Does anyone have any info on employment conditions etc? Would be interested to find out anything I can

Cheers

craic1510 :ok:

Ianj
24th Jun 2003, 20:56
Hi Craic!

I used to work for Ryanair. Don't get me wrong the money was very good but u had to work for it. Some days meant doing four flights exp. double stockholm skavsta! generally five days on two days off.

The crew are the best really friendly and the social life is great. No nightstops though unless you went tech! You were normally always called off standby too. Quick 25 min turnaround and not much chance to break! Pay for your uniform too but then again it is a low fares airline, so don't expect much luxuries like crew food onboard.

Apart from that the crew are fun but you do work very hard!!

Ian J.

craic1510
25th Jun 2003, 00:45
Thanks for that IanJ. I am living and attempting to get a FA position within Australia or Middle East, but if I don't I am planning on heading back to the Uk for work. Only been living in Australia 5 years but would love to spend some time back home again. RyanAir is an option I will consider. Already had interviews lined up for Easy Jet and Virgin Atlantic, but had to turn both down as I couldnt get back to the UK for them.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

craic1510

kenoco
25th Jun 2003, 07:31
Salut Craic,if your about 11 years old and you have a pulse Ryanair will take you,,,atal xxM.

craic1510
25th Jun 2003, 10:59
hmmm...I wouldn't think so but thanks anyway.

Dewdrop
25th Jun 2003, 15:09
Keneco - These day's FR's the only airline in the world with any decent growth, thats why the're hiring. There are a lot of out of work "11 year olds" out there from failed airlines to chose from.

Dan84
27th Jun 2003, 05:00
Yeah i work for Ryanair out of Stansted!
Work is very hard don't get me wrong but they do pay well and its good sometimes coming home all the time... nightstops would be nice! If you've done it before you'll be fine, i didn't and bit of a shock to begin with but i do love it..... apart from snobby pax who think we r BA... oh how i wish!!!

skychick2003
12th Jul 2003, 16:30
I have just flown with Ryanair and I thought the crew were just cute!! Professional no chance!! Basically Ryanair are always recruiting becuase people are always leaving. My friend started a training course with about 24 people, by the Thursday of that very week 6 had dropped out. How bad is that. I have just recently flown with Ryanair and I noticed how one of the crew a girl who looked about 16 was just pushing the trolley, yawning and looking at her watch and this is the truth. I wouldn't behave like that in front of any customers.. Ryanair interviews last about 5-10 minutes. They recruit anyone apparently but I would rather go through harder interviews and work for a good company but I would fly with them, I paid something like £60 return to Alghero.excellent!!!

Dan84
14th Jul 2003, 01:38
hey sky chick!!
She probably looking at her watch cos she's been up since stupid o'clock working 60 million sectors!! I know i do, look at my watch that is! Oh well, more early then 3 off!!!! What will i do with myself!!!!

:ok:

skychick2003
14th Jul 2003, 18:46
Yeah she probably was checking her watch because of that. I do admire ryanair cabin crew, you work hard and if you can keep smiling after doing all those sectors, well what can I say.. well done!!

Dan84
15th Jul 2003, 18:26
well i'm not suer if its a smile or a grimace with me!! I love the job, but the days do sometimes drag on!!! yesterday, reported at 7, landed and half 6. thats no delays, just a normal shift!