PDA

View Full Version : So WIN IS for sale

Deanw
23rd Jun 2003, 22:42
Further to my message a week or two back where I said the floatplane Caravan and Bo105 were up for sale, the following add appeared in the Weekend Argus (Cape Town) on Saturday 21 June:

'Helicopter and Seaplane company for sale

This unique aviation company which operates from the V&A Waterfront, Cape Town is up for sale as a going concern.

For more information, contact Gary on 082 821 xxxx.

Aircraft fleet details are as folows:
3 x Bell 206
1 x Bo105
1 x B47 3BI
1 x Cessna 208 Caravan with floats & accessories'

So there you have it, no mention of the Huey, but the rest is officially up for sale.

B Sousa
23rd Jun 2003, 23:31
Dean. Its hard to dial 082 821 xxxx. How about the number, I dont think its secret.......might as well sneak a free ad past the 4 holer......

Deanw
24th Jun 2003, 00:10
Okey dokey ;)

For all potential buyers, Gary's cell number is 082 821 1130.

As the ad says:

'Consider this: In the last 10 years aircraft proces have increased in value by 6% plus an addittional 10% due to the depreciating exchange rate. Furtherfore let the generous tax allowances granted by The Receiver pay for these aircraft.'

Hmmm, wonder what my bank manager will say when I ask for a small loan ... :{

B Sousa
24th Jun 2003, 04:54
When it comes to Aircarft purchases, its always wiser to find out who has title to the aircraft. Then find out the existing amount owed. If its a bank and someone is defaulting you may cut a fat hog in the ass.
Also some folks strip aircraft of items that you think you are purchasing......Buyer Beware, specially in SA.

BAKELA
24th Jun 2003, 18:31
Kunjani DeanW & Bert,

If it's a running concern providing commercial air services, there are air service licences and AOC's (aircraft operating certificates) at stake.:confused:

Bert, I agree with you. I, for one, would do my homework very carefully.

Shala Gashle guys,
Bakela

Petes Dragon
24th Jun 2003, 18:43
BAKELA,

You are so right. The prospective buyer has to realise that the AOC and ASL are not transferable and new applications have to be lodged by the new owners....

BAKELA
24th Jun 2003, 19:02
Kunjani PD,

Long time no chat. Hope it's going :ok:. If I recall correctly the licensing acts requires an amendment licence application if there is a majority change in shareholding. If a company is sold (as this ad reads) the painfull processes of the licensing councils and the new application for AOC's will have to be gone through. It's sometimes better just to start from scratch as the effort to be expended is the same. Anyway, best of luck to WIN and the new owners.

Shala Gashle,
Bakela

clipboard
25th Jun 2003, 14:46
Spoke to Gary yesterday.

His 33 year old wife was diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks ago, and underwent an emergency operation, in which the entire big stomach was removed. With 3 small children, the youngest being 3, there will have to be big changes in the household, and Gary has decided to consolidate his businesses, as more time will have to be spent at home, paying attention to the family, especially the kids. His wife is not well, and undergoing constant therapy.

The business is for sale as a going concern. Walk in, walk out.

The Huey's however, don't form part of the package.

He also told me that there has been some serious interest from some serious players in the tourism industry. Who would'nt be. I believe the premises in the Cape Town Waterfront is some of the nicest office environment in the world to work from........

BAKELA
25th Jun 2003, 20:40
Clipboard, thanks for the info. Sad news indeed. I wish Gary's wife, Gary, their children and other family & friends the best of luck. :(

B Sousa
25th Jun 2003, 23:02
Dam, that is sh1t news. I wouldnt wish that on anyone. Too bad We as PPruners couldnt help out a bit?? Anyone have suggestions??