PDA

View Full Version : Aeromar

Saturn
22nd Jun 2003, 06:41
Read a recent advertisement for them. Does anyone have terms and conditions? One post say's B737 Crews needed, and seemed desperate, the other said B737 time rquired. I believe they also have B767 and B747. The ad has a name of Hern Mario Kniege as the C.P. I called and no one kew whom that was. Any info helpful. I am currently an MD80 captain here in the USA for a small carrier. Thanks for the info.

:ok:

B Sousa
22nd Jun 2003, 23:43
Im sure you have this but just in case, there are a few different phone numbers. http://www.aeromarairlines.com/English/English.htm

Also the guy does exist as the Data base search from www.landings.com gave this info for a US FAA rating and he meets the criteria, hope it helps.:

Pilots Database Search Result
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name : KNIEGE, MARIO
Pilot's Address : AUF DEM SOMMERFELD 15
BERGISCH GLADBACH, 51429, GERMANY
FAA Region : European
Date of Medical : May, 2001
Class of Medical : 1
Expiration : Nov, 2001
Pilot Certificates : Airline Transport Pilot
Airplane Multiengine Land
: Commercial Pilot (foreign based)
Airplane Single Engine Land
Airplane Multiengine Land

Willie Everlearn
23rd Jun 2003, 07:10
:confused:

I would like to apply but can't seem to get through to whomever it is you need to speak to? :*

The phone number seems to work but the e-Mail address doesn't. :{

There is no English option on their main switchboard. :confused:

The fax number is a fax but doesn't seem to work? :ugh:

So, what do we do???? :mad:

Willie

Panama Jack
23rd Jun 2003, 16:18
Ha ha. Welcome to Latin America. Disfrute! ;)

B Sousa
27th Jun 2003, 13:52
Well Willie, your learning real quick about life in the third and fourth worlds......You want the truth, you gotta be there knocking on the door......If you want to fly the Caribbean, head down that way. Put your face to the resume, you stand a better chance.......
If it don't work out you will have had a great vacation......

Willie Everlearn
30th Jun 2003, 07:24
Thanks for the advise Gents.

I've flown down there from up here. So, I've had that experience, but from this end, Thanks.

My experience with this outfit is hilarious.
They're getting ONE B737-300. ONE!
Desperate for crews (that was plural I read, wasn't it?)
Sent a CV to the e-mail address.
That bounced back.
Rang them up afterwards.
Got passed around for several minutes to be told to send my resume to THE SAME E-MAIL ADDRESS having just explained to them IT DIDN'T WORK. :{
Tried it a second time.
Guess what?:confused: It got bounced back!!!
Rang them again, (anyone notice their English telephone menu) :ok: ....yes, I know it's a Spanish Speaking Island in a Sea of English. We have a French speaking Province like that but you can still get around with English!!!
Rang them up again. Same deal. Same run around. So, I stuffed the CV in the fax. That was cut off mid transmission.
Tried it next day, and it went through.
Here we are a week later and.....nothing.
Surprise. Surprise. :O

Urgently require Crews???

I'd say urgently requires 'something', but it doesn't sound like they urgently need crews. :mad:

When will I ever learn?????????????????????????????????????

Panama Jack
30th Jun 2003, 15:37
Pretty typical of Latin America. I hear what you are saying, but patience goes a long way. You soon figure out that life is unfair and that it is not always a level playing field.

JJflyer
1st Jul 2003, 14:40
Just talked with a fellow that has been working with them. Apparently pilots where sought for a contract for the B737-200 on "Domestic" terms. In other words Captains 2500 USD a month and F/O's 1500 USD.

If one comes from a country where salary structure is low and cost of living low as well... Then 2500 might cut it, but for a European or North American pilots thats not all that much.

Cheers

JJ

jet4hire
23rd Jul 2003, 01:27
Aeromiar no way thank's I rather be looking
:cool: