PDA

View Full Version : Britannia Airways

747dream
21st Jun 2003, 19:45
hi there

Just a question to any cabin crew from BY that may be involved in recruitment. I just wonder if you have any tips does age also count as perhaps i think i am the wrong side of 25.

I notice that they are recruiting again for training courses starting on 7 July. I attended an event in April and they said that would be the last for 03 season?. There were 47 people there on the day it seemed like those who shouted the loudest got picked, those rejected along with me included ex BA staff.

This is not a case of sour grapes or a crew with knickers in knot due to rejection. i've had a few sorry but no thanks letters in the past and i am now one of the lucky ones to have had job offers.

any info would be good for those trying to get into BY as they are a quality operation for cabin crew.

Ginger Rodger
25th Jun 2003, 06:45
hi there 747,

so are you starting your training in july? I am CC with by and i think it is an excellant company to work for. they do have a few teething problems when you first start but it is all in all a great place to work. Thinking back to my training days, there was a good mixture of loud, confident people to shy, quiet people, so don't be fooled by the selection process. as far as age goes, there is once again a great mixture and everyone gets on regardless.
Well, i wish you luck and if you want to ask any questions just private message me a nd i will do my best to help you out!
ps, sorry about the spelling and the grammer, just got back from a flight and brain isn,t functioning like it should be!
GINGER xxxx

TightSlot
25th Jun 2003, 17:19
Hi Dream

BY were not expecting to recruit again, but I believe that there may have been some leavers amongst those originally accepted. There have also been some issues with security clearances and ID's that have slowed and in some cases blocked new recruits. Finally, there is the potential, with the imminent criminal record checks, for some crew members to have airside access removed.

Finally, it is now traditional for Britannia, having insisted that the crew numbers (establishment) are generously correct for the Summer season, to then discover that they are in fact, significantly short of the required number. Experienced BY watchers learn to expect this - the only annual variation being the excuses given by the company for the situation.

I'm not clear from your post whether it is Britannia that you have got in with, or another carrier?

P.S. The wrong side of 25 is to be under it!