View Full Version : Qatar Airways & Emirates in Competition for pilots

Obi Wan Kirk
21st Jun 2003, 15:30
With Qatar Airways & Emirates ordering loads of new aircraft at the Paris Airshow both will need to hire lots of pilots.

I've noticed that Emirates like to hire experienced Captains and put them in the right seat for a couple of years, to then upgrade them again. On the contrary Qatar Airways recruit Direct Entry Captains. Does this mean Emirates will have problems in attracting Captains because people will prefer to maintain their status by joining Qatar Airways instead?

How do the two packages compare? Is Doha the new Dubai and could Qatar Airways be a better move for a pilot?

halas
22nd Jun 2003, 00:08
Doha the new Dubai?

l'd like to see that!

halas

Goldstone
22nd Jun 2003, 05:57
Doha is a bunch of new buildings set around a bunch of older buildings all built in a sand-pit. On every corner there is a mosque.

Horrible place.

Toolkit
22nd Jun 2003, 16:52
Is Doha like DXB 20 years ago ? I could copare as I know DXB...Would Qatar Arws hire Engineer ? Package information ? Tks and Cheers for now

CaptainAN
23rd Jun 2003, 06:53
hello everybody!

I would like to apply for Katar Airways and Golf Air.
I would appreciate any information that I could get about where to apply and any pointers.

Air Mike 957
24th Jun 2003, 03:17
suggest you learn how to spell the airlines name before sending off an application,they may laugh when reading your cv.

Speedbrake Lever
24th Jun 2003, 06:00
Capt AN

yeah got a pointer for you, don't waste your time.

cos you wouldn't get in, I wonder why ???

Keep tryin 350 though

S.L.

faheel
24th Jun 2003, 06:39
I think he's pulling your chain guys lighten up:O

Speedbrake Lever
24th Jun 2003, 06:52
We know he is Faheel !!

its just there are many people who actually need a position somewhere

so trying to be P. Correct we've used nice language
instead of telling him to ------- off

S.L.

Hong Kong Layover
3rd Jul 2003, 05:27
Qatar to compete with Emirates?...dream on dreamer!!