PDA

View Full Version : Airforce for sale !

Gunship
18th Jun 2003, 00:17
:ok: For those of you who would like to start your own airforce!

Armscor have the following for sale:

Quantity 2 Boeing 707’s cargo configuration

Quantity 18 Mirage F1 Aircraft

Quantity 12 Cheetah Aircraft

Quantity 10 Oryx Helicopters

Quantity 9 Impala MK1 (MB326) Dual (sic)

Quantity 3 Impala MK1 (MB326) Single

Cannons: 30mm DEFA rounds, DEFA re-arming cartridges and 20mm Linked belts (Hispano)

Large calibre: 68mm SNEB rockets and 250kg aircraft bombs.

Electronic warefare (sic): Unprocessed CHAFF

Any bids ???

Courtesy: SAAFNEWSGROUP

www.saairforce.co.za

PS: Dean I won this round ;)

REAL ORCA
18th Jun 2003, 01:41
Add a couple of pilots and you can start your own war!! Don't we just love Africa.;)

Gunship
18th Jun 2003, 02:33
Are you ready to strap into that F1 ORCA ... I will join you with the Oryx :}

Deanw
18th Jun 2003, 15:20
Arrrghhh!

Guns, you beat me on my own posting :O

Gunship
18th Jun 2003, 15:51
Dean, Sometimes me sleeps on me keyboard but sometimes me read your e-mail. :}

I had no idea that the SAAF / Denel wishes to get rid of 10 Oryx's . Was that a scale - down in the SAAF budget or how come ?

The others make sence ... they WASTE chopper fuel :E

B Sousa
19th Jun 2003, 00:10
What a deal. Why dont they post it on EBAY www.ebay.com As usual We all know who will get the stuff. Anyone who will pay the price. When it comes to Gold, morals go out the door.

REAL ORCA
19th Jun 2003, 02:32
Gunzzz, I will need more than a tyre lever to get me into one of those cockpits.:p

Deanw
19th Jun 2003, 17:03
Seems like the Oryx (Orii?) are up for sale as a result of the general scaling down of the SAAF :{

19th Jun 2003, 18:51
Why dont these guys cut back where its really necessary, like shortening the gravy trains. 10 Oryxs? Eiiisch!
What are they going to do the next time Mozambique is flooded? Charter some choppers from Court Helicopters??

B Sousa
19th Jun 2003, 23:14
Maybe how about letting Mozambique deal with it for a change......or do they have a Helicopter. I saw all there jet fighters bulldozed in a pile at either Quilleman or Biera, cant remember which.
Some things are heading down hill, just abit slower than Zim.

20th Jun 2003, 00:35
Yeah, I saw the Migs and Mi-8 rotting away at Beira.
The SA government insists on meddling in these other countrie's afairs every time some natural occurance like a drought or a flood occurs. They were shipping food to central Africa with the B707s and then picking Mozambiquens out of the trees 18-24 months ago.
One good thing in selling all their aircraft is that they cant spend all the tax payer's money flying around all over Africa! And that for a client that doesnt pay for the flights or the food or the JET-A1.(Which they're fresh out of)
Just wondering what they're gonna do. I bet you they'll charter choppers in!:confused:

BAKELA
24th Jun 2003, 18:06
Read somewhere that the Zimbabweans have also put up for disposal five Canberra's and 12 Hunter's. Maybe Mugabejaan needs the cash!!! Cannot be in a good condition though as I thought they were disposed of many years ago. :ooh: However, looking at the Armscor list, add a couple of Can's and Hunters and all you need then is the eight C160's rotting away at Kloof. ORCA, agreed, you'll have a force to be reckoned with. :E