PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Interview

BeckyBoo
17th Jun 2003, 23:28
I wonder if anyone can help?

I am due to attend an interview with Emirates on 28th June at Heathrow. As this is my first ever interview for cabin crew, if anyone out there has recently attended, or is aware of the interviewing process, I would be very greatful for the insight.

Many thanks!!!

craic1510
18th Jun 2003, 10:28
Hi

I recently attended an Emirates interview in Sydney. That day was actually an open day for which 500 people turned up, however some of us were invited. They begin the day by getting applicants to fill out a form with some personal details and then write a paragraph on what is excellent customer service.

They then separate people into small groups and give you exercises to do. Generally you have about 10 minutes. The first task I did was something along the lines of "if you had a million dollars to go on a trip with - where would you go, what would you do and why?". They then eliminate some people before doing the group sessions again. The next exercise I did consisted of a list of objects such as life jackets, knife, cigarettes etc, and you had to choose 20 with reasoning to use if your plane has crash landed. We just had to pick the objects we thought were of use then put them in order of importance.

Then they do eliminations and pick times for final interviews. I wasn't lucky enough to get a final interview. Just missed out. However, I believe the final interview simply consists of you being asked questions by the recruiters about yourself and why you want the position with Emirates.

The process is fairly simple but here is a few pointers. Always smile and sit up straight. many people slouched in their seats and let their guards down especially in the group tasks. The key is to talk to others politely, do not interupt and work together. Don't be over talkative or too pushy. It is a team exercise so don't let one person do all the work. Be friendly, sound intelligent and above all make sure your presentation is immaculate on arrival of each interview.

Good luck. I hope this helped in some way
:ok: