PDA

View Full Version : Pilots logbook for mobile phones

solotk
16th Jun 2003, 08:52
Dear All,

As we've just finished our last project, we thought we'd look at designing a Pilots logbook for use with Mobile phones, Nokia 7650, 9210 and Sony P800 for starters.

Initial features would include the ability to send your data to your PC, and print , the abilty to send data quick time to home base hours flown by type, handy reminders, Logbook search by type or registration, totals, endorsements, ratings etc etc

Three things

1. Is this a useful tool, or do you prefer writing it in
2. Can anyone think of some features they'd like to see?
3. Has someone already done it?

This is a design project at the moment, but if people think it's a good idea, we'll progress it

regards

Tony

wandrinabout
21st Feb 2004, 18:56
Howdy solotk

Did you ever develop anything along these lines? Or hear of anyone else that has?

I am considering getting a SE P900 and just sniffing around to see what is available.

cheers

dusk2dawn
22nd Feb 2004, 15:48
I have for some time been working on a JAA logbook system accepting SMS/text or email input to a computer attached to a recieving mobile with a Bluetooth connection over MyGnokii/Gamut.
Almost dropped dead on loads of problems with the Bluetooth thingy and still haven't decided on an acceptable schema for the MySQL.
Figure one could make some nice printouts via FPDF/PDFlib but what I really would like to see is a JAA approval to replace a conventional logbook.
Go ahead, please !

dusk2dawn
22nd Feb 2004, 19:31
BTW Tony, who are we ?