PDA

View Full Version : MAS makes RM336 mil, SIA loss S$1.1 bil

Usman
14th Jun 2003, 20:56
How can this be? Any comment.

knackeredII
15th Jun 2003, 11:43
Yes. A simple fabrication. SIA hasn't lost $1.1b.

Why compare apples to oranges, Usman?

Usman
15th Jun 2003, 12:46
knackeredII: Which planet you just came from. Had you not read a thing called newspaper.

SIA itself stated that it loss that amount since last quarter.

millerscourt
15th Jun 2003, 14:56
Usman What are you talking about re SIA????

For year to 31st March 2003 PROFIT not Loss was close to $1.1 Billion!!

Yes the LOSS for April was just over $200 Million. No figures for the May loss announced yet. Kindly explain yourself.

twitchy
15th Jun 2003, 22:10
Usman and Millerscourt

Yes SIA losses for the April alone were SGD 200 millions, these figures no one knows how SIA has arrived at is still a mystery. May 2003 again as per SIA are far lower than SGD 200 millions. Traffic is slowly picking up but SIA will have to manuplate the books and keep losing every month otherwise it will not be able to justfy the pay cuts and no pay leave. Today the situation is that even if the pax. traffic improves completely, SIA will still manuplates the books and show losses and definitely retrench some of its staff(including pilots). If SIA fails to do so than it will prove that the arm chair generals were telling a lie. Certainly the generals have to prove their point to keep their credibility to their MASTERS................................:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

cpt744
16th Jun 2003, 03:08
Usman..

Not only you're a racist XXXXhead according to your previous postings, it seemed that you have great difficulty understanding NEWS report too??
It would take a lot more for SIA to perform worse than MAS, despite all the support MAS has from Petronas; openly or otherwise....
Here's a guide for you, try searching for post-tax profits for the SAME year for MAS & SIA, and perhaps you'd be really sad to find out that since break-up from MSA days, the comparisons had been unjustly one sided to ???...... I'm sure you must be hoping that MAS is the one...

CPT744

Usman
17th Jun 2003, 01:42
Who is racist?

The Singapore who did not take in even one Malay fighter pilot in its Air Force.

mainwheel
17th Jun 2003, 03:41
This thread seems to be getting racial.Hope no one is Samoan!!

Sick Squid
17th Jun 2003, 03:44
.. just for the record, this thread and the others ARE being watched... am allowing a bit of personal hole-digging to take place.

Squid

cpt744
17th Jun 2003, 23:11
I really don't wanna waste my time with you Usman.. Especially NOT a single extra second on issue of "why NOT a single Malay fighter pilot in Singapore Airforce??"

You made a simple mistake of highlighting a POTENTIAL loss by SIA this financial year(which ends next year 31Mar, in case you read a different set of Newspaper...), just admit it and case closed or someone would have to do the math for you.

NOW, for the record; let see which racist had quoted this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they were Chinese, they won't last long in the Middle East before the Arabs realised they are worst than the Jews.

Do you see many Chinese joints (restaurants, gambling dens or prostitute lair in the Middle East?

posted 12th June 2003 17:44

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Or just check it out from this thread.....
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=92445

Shame on you!

Cpt744

PILOST
18th Jun 2003, 13:07
Well we all now know that Usman is consistent with his racist statements.

Here's a quote:

Well gentlemen as you can see this is the way Malay muslim do business. Its national pride first, money lost do not matter. To death we defend our national pride. Sounds familiar. See what happened to Saddam. In a real economic war the Malays will look like they'll be wiped out. And no wonder the local Malays until today after 45 years of independance could only hold less than 15% of the economy depending on the Chinese and their tax money to build up the country.

Better still, here's the link:

http://pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=73561&perpage=15&pagenumber=6

First he slags the malay, then he lashes out at the chinese.Wonder who's his next racist victim? :ooh:

Safe flying all.

:cool:

PILOST

cpt744
18th Jun 2003, 19:39
Pilost
Thanks for the further insight and will ignore his obvious racist postings from now. That should kill his joy a fair bit..
Cheers.
Cpt744

MR. Login
27th Jun 2003, 12:01
Usman is a classic case. He's going to shoot through with a huge chipsmore on his shoulders..

A word of advice man, find that passion in your life again somehow:sad:

This thing is eating you up badddddddddd, you grumpy old man..I mean old Usman.;)

Usman
4th Jul 2003, 21:49
Hey I'm Baaacck , you all must have miss me. Just returned from Surabaya Indonesia, was there for 2 weeks. Hey you guys must go there, it’s a great place especially the nearby hill resort. Food is great, hotel cheap and the women are friendly.

Ok I admit to the wrong report of SIA loss, must have misread the news, when the small head starts to control the big head.

What I was really getting to is the MAS profit of RM336 millions. While other more efficient airlines are dropping like flies, MAS is soaring. Can this be a repeat of TR period? In 1996 1st qtr he declared MAS profit of about RM250 million after just about a year at the helm, where before that MAS was losing money. In 1997 1st qtr another increase of profit RM450mil. In 1998 after the economic crisis he declared loss of RM250, 1999 loss of RM500mil and 2000 loss of RM800mil.

But what doesn't tally was a total loss finally of almost RM10-RM12 billion. If you add up the above it don't make sense to my beans counter. Can any expert enlighten me.

MAS had reduced about 700 flights for some time, so is their profit margin still good or are they not going to declare to the public of any loss. Plus they got a new pain in the a_se, Air Asia eating into their domestic routes.

While other airline like SIA are already starting to retrench and cut down, MAS are doing absolutely nothing. Is it in the complacency mode or stupidity mode or stealth mode?

Or are we going to get a bombshell repeat of the last episode

Usman
6th Jul 2003, 12:37
PILOST: Well we all now know that Usman is consistent with his racist statements.

Here's a quote:

quote:

Well gentlemen as you can see this is the way Malay muslim do business. Its national pride first, money lost do not matter. To death we defend our national pride. Sounds familiar. See what happened to Saddam. In a real economic war the Malays will look like they'll be wiped out. And no wonder the local Malays until today after 45 years of independance could only hold less than 15% of the economy depending on the Chinese and their tax money to build up the country.

Can anyone dispute the truth of the above statement.

Telling the truth do not make one a racist.

If that’s the case all American and British are racist for telling the truth about the Jew holocaust in Germany during the 2nd World War.

quandoquando
6th Jul 2003, 19:14
I wonder why this Usman guy has not been banned. I trully think that he has some serious 'childhood' problems.

Making a fair statement is not racist. But you implied that all Malay Muslims are lousy business people. This is of course not true. You have to be very careful with words. I also wonder why you want to quote your own words.

And since your understanding of economics is so shallow, I don't blame you for not knowing why at times it is 'profitable' not to operate a flight as opposed to doing so.

You are someone who has so many hazardous attitudes, I really hope someone tells out who you are so that I make sure none of my friends and relatives ever get on board your flights, if you know how to fly that is.

And you bet everyone who has been following your foolishness misses you, we miss your talent in your own ass kicking. Your hatred for MAS is very obvious, so is your hatred for the entire country. I wonder why you are still here. Just bear in mind, you are being watched.

Goldwing2000
6th Jul 2003, 20:44
Folks, in now way do I condone what Usman says regarding certain racists remarks but to be brutally honest, the substence of his posts is correct. Before we condemn him as a racists and I digress, what does one make of the amazing and vitriolic comments of the prime minister of Malaysia a couple weeks ago!!That was nothing short of anti europeannism but hey that was okay because he's been around a long time plus he's much respected, isn't he?If any western leader had made the same comments except it being anti muslim, I would imagine there would be a fatwa currently on his head!!One has to understand the politics and rhetoric that surronds Malaysian life to really appreciate where Usman is coming from and as mentioned already the facts that he has laid out on this forum is basically true.
Where else in the world would an airline that has been losing billions been allowed to continue operating and pay the chairman the same value he bought the shares for when the value of the shares were almost rock bottom?Where in the world does the national oil company (Petronas)pay the salary of the pilots and workers of the national airline when some kampung kid buys and wreck the pride and joy of the country? Where in the world does the national pension corporation help bail out national companies that have been losing tonnes of money at the expense of the taxpayers money? No where except of course Malaysia!! The malays or bumis have been given everything on a golden plate and yes some have been successful and low key though the majority have pillaged the country systematically and to all intents and purpose got away with daylight robbery!What has happened in Malaysia isn't fantasy as a lot of people have accused Usman of relaying BUT factual. What is ironic and quite amusing in Malaysia is that the public all know the short comings of the politicians and certain bumis but for national unity a calm and relax facade is potrait? All I say is when will we ever learn and hopefully with a change of Govt things will change for the better but I suppose that's wishful thinking.:rolleyes:

Safe flying to one and all

Goldwing2000

Usman
7th Jul 2003, 18:52
Thank you Goldwing200 in putting back some senses to these people who had lost their ways. I just cannot comprehend how these people still support a corrupted system that will ultimately destroy them too.

"Telling the truth, no matter how terrible they are, is not racist in any sense of the word.

Attempting to conceal the truth can label you as a racist of the worst kind."

Einstein

Goldwing2000
7th Jul 2003, 19:53
I says it as I sees it:)

Goldwing2000

Usman
12th Jul 2003, 01:45
See I told you all before, when truth comes out its "ALL QUIET ON THE FAR EASTERN FRONT".

Usman
24th Jul 2003, 16:32
Its so quiet that you can almost hear pins dropping.

People like PILOST dare not come out to face the truth and dispute all the allegations. Probably busy as Chief Pilot collecting kickbacks from pilots for promotion, recruitment or manipulating the rosters, as is the culture in MAS.
For people like him who had personal gain to be made, why rock the boat.

But MAS will suffer in the long run and so will its staff.

happie
3rd Aug 2003, 01:22
usman is sick n needs help...
need to get out of malaise sia more

combi pilot
3rd Aug 2003, 22:30
Flogging a dead horse here but just for the record, there are malay fighter pilots in the Singapore Air Force. At least I know of one...Had a former Malay schoolmate of mine who made it through the Pearce training course and went to France for advanced training. Should be on A-4s now i think...