PDA

View Full Version : Explosives found on ALITALIA

missleadfoot
14th Jun 2003, 17:00
I have just read in the newspaper with interest about a 2kg package of explosives found on board an Alitalia plane. It was discovered after a telephone tip off, and before pax had boarded.
The package was attached to a lifejacket, under the seat.
Can anyone advise us please how this package was able to pass secutiry and get on board the aircraft. This is the second security scare for this airport

ITALY, Rome, Friday,

Italian police discovered and safely removed explosives aboard an ALITALIA passenger plane at an airport in eastern Italy after receiving an anonymous tip-off, an airport source said.

The 200g package of explosives, which had been strapped to a life lacket under a passenger seat, was destroyed in a controlled blast after it was found aboard the aircraft at ANCONA airport thursday afternoon.

The 42 seat plane had been due to fly to the Italian capital ROME on a scheduled, domestic flight from ANCONA at 3pm and passengers had not yet boarded the plane when the alarm was raised.

Italian news agency ANSA said it was not clear who the caller was or why explosives had been planted on the jet.

Xenia
15th Jun 2003, 16:56
The whole thing is being investigated at the moment. However the authorities belive the package was left in Rome :ooh:
Another bomb scare yesterday in MXP (Milano Malpensa). It was an Azzurra Air A/C operating a flight to CPH in codesharing with ... Alitalia :bored:
I am seriously asking myself what's going on! :suspect: