PDA

View Full Version : Drug Testing - EK

ozboi23
14th Jun 2003, 16:50
Does anyone know what the prodecure is for the drug test for the medical for EK, what they test for, how they test for it and wheather its done in your home city and dubai..

thanx ppl.

missleadfoot
14th Jun 2003, 17:18
Don't know about Emirates but when I went for my medical I was told by the nurse I should pass the airline drug test if I haven't consumed anything in the past 6 weeks. From what I know they look for dependance or continual usage. A SLIGHT trace of recreational activity shouldn't be a major problem, but if this is your first drug test I advise you lay off everything for about 6 months. I was lucky, I had a nurse who was sympathetic, and when I told her I hadn't had anything for 6 months she laughed. She told me of stories of pilots who come in for medicals and because they were so nervous, they had a joint the night before. They failed the test, thank god and connot fly. When it comes down to DAME (Designated Airline Medical Examiners) dont screw up. Their reputation lies on this and they will not jeopardise their position. They will fail you if they find anything. Be careful.

mutt
15th Jun 2003, 03:32
ozboi23,

You don’t want EK to drug test you or verbally check your references......... what are you trying to hide????/

Remember that under Islamic law, drug running is punishable by death......

Mutt.

jdoe
15th Jun 2003, 05:56
There are many stupid prats who thought that recreational drugs were ok to use in dxb and have spent 4 years in jail, or are still there.
Not worth it!!!