PDA

View Full Version : what does it take to get in then?

richie-rich
14th Jun 2003, 01:44
hey there
was curious what the min. qualifications are in regards to gaining entry at cx. I am a foreign national, and expect to have 1500A.T.P.L oneday (not too far from now :O )

Have you got indian, bangladeshi, pakistani pilots flying at cx? or they are choosy about nationality and prefer mainly ozzies, brits (they r inarguably a big bunch in CX). Whats the entrace post with this qualification? a Second Officer or a F.O?

Could someone please answer this? I am doing my training in Australia (actually in the same college Cathay Cadets are doing their training at) .

I really wanna get into it someday!

Richie

jungly
15th Jun 2003, 08:51
You poor sod....being stuck in Parafield!

CX min requirements are on their website.

Basically, 1000hrs and Frozen ATPL subjects for SO.
For FO (Freighter) the requirements are either 1000hrs Heavy Jet or Military Jet. (Check the website for the exact details)

In the last 2-3yrs SOs have been aged 22-38, with experience from 1015-5000+hrs.

Nationalities are many and various including, Middle Eastern and Asian but I dont personally know of any Bangledeshi's? As long as you pass the interviews/sim check.......nationality is a non issue

I cant remember the exact numbers but about 18mths ago a pie graph was produced showing ethnic diversity and nationalities of pilots...Australians accounted for near to 25%, Kiwis 8% and British 20%. There is a fair smattering of Sth Africans and Nth Americans too....plus Germans, French, Italians.....

Good luck

ronnie123
15th Jun 2003, 13:43
Richie !
Same boat as you. Already in Q with CX. Still waiting to hear from them. There are a few Indians of British origin. jungly sums it best.:)

richie-rich
15th Jun 2003, 21:40
hey jungly
browsed the site for about 10 mins. it states qualities, expectation bla bla bla out there, but doesnt seem to say n e thing on min hr required, is type rating essential or not, visa assistance etc. u got info on these?

Thanx buddy
Richie

Redwings
28th Jun 2003, 20:28
I've just gotten a letter stating the direct entry S/O from CX about 2 days ago. You still need 1000 hrs, either an ATPL or a frozen ATPL, a current Class One Medical, and have spoken and written English.