PDA

View Full Version : Jet Personnel

wannabevip
14th Jun 2003, 01:26
Does anybody know/have thoughts on this agency?

Thanks!!

Air Driven Generator
14th Jun 2003, 02:05
A very reputable company in the UK owned by Jackie Van Dooren and very helpful too!

www.jetpersonnel.biz

ADG:mad:

homesick rae
14th Jun 2003, 04:46
if you are female!!!

YYC F/A
14th Jun 2003, 07:31
Hi Homesick

Do they not place males? Their site makes no reference to gender selection of female crew only. There again, if it is for the Mid East, I wouldn't be surprised, it seems that most Mid East operations don't want guys at all...

:(

homesick rae
14th Jun 2003, 10:37
well, she did get me ONE interview several years ago, but i didn't get the job...since then have updated my cv for her but she has had no contact and i feel i am not alone!!

gulf-crew
15th Jun 2003, 00:05
You cant advertise for Male or female only against the law from what I understand.

Been registered with Jet for 4/5 years not even a phone call or interview so not much to say on that front, mostly girls get work through Jet as they deal with a lot of M/E companies say no more.

Very little work in Europoe for male f/a's on corporate. mostly done through friends of friends know what I mean.

Lifes a Bizjet
GC

YYC F/A
15th Jun 2003, 01:34
Hi Gulf Crew,

I believe that in the UK it is illegal to actively advertise a vacancy as gender specific. That said, there are vacancies in Flight International that specifically exclude males from applying, and this is published in the UK. Maybe it's ok if the company is overseas as the rules are set by the country the company is registered in.

Check your PM's.

Fly Safe

haamdhanimaid
15th Jun 2003, 18:05
Jet Personnel are good for placements but you really have to call and keep yourself fresh in her mind.
They are not very discreet though.....

As far as I know Jet Aviation do have male f/a's but they have been in the company years and are well established.:O :D

gashbag
16th Jun 2003, 00:06
Hi,
Just wondered what u mean by Jet Personnel not being very 'discreet'? :confused:

747SP
27th Jun 2003, 17:07
jackie vandoren???? I know friends who have had bad experiences with her and I also know of the odd one or two who ended up in jobs in the ME, mainly working for Kingdom holdings! Prince Whaleed. I think if your blonde and where a foxy little number then your do ok on her books! however if you are the darker shade! then dont waste the money on a stamp! :ok:

I mean wear!!!!!!!!!!! a foxy little number!

flossie
27th Jun 2003, 18:13
Well, don't get me started! I have had absolutely zilch from that agency! I can't be too explicit, but I agree with 747sp, even if he/she can't spell!! I have been on her books for years, and have never been given an interview through her. She seems to take a disliking to people purely from their photograph. She suggested I send in "more glamorous" pictures! (Which I did-more fool me!)
She doesn't go on your experience, at least doesn't seem to! (By the way I have 10 years flying experience, nearly four years private!) She once told me that her clients "make specific requests about a flight attendants' appearance" and that was why I hadn't been put forward for any interviews. I was also told that Middle Eastern employers "prefer blondes!" Perhaps someone out there can refute that statement?????
At one point I considered a Toni and Guy highlighting session!!!! Except that all my hair probably would have fallen out!! So if you are of light colouring, then go for it, you will probably go a long way. If not, don't waste your time and money. Good Luck to any of you who get past first base!!:ok:

gashbag
27th Jun 2003, 18:22
Hi 747sp,
I wonder if you could tell me how did your friends find it working for prince waleed? is the job as good as it sounds?
i have also never had a reply from jet personnel either!
thanks,Gashbag.:}

flossie
27th Jun 2003, 18:34
Mixed opinions on that one-personally! A friend of mine worked for him, and there were a few discrepancies with what she was told at her interview, and what actually took place. ( Mind you that's par for the course in this industry!) The pay is good, bonuses every three months (if you get on well with the pilots and supervisors!). Live in Kingdom, Riyadh. On a compound, but can only leave the Kingdom with permission from himself! Not a huge amount of flying, he generally does two big trips a year, then just dotting about the Middle East. Uniforms are a bit iffy though!! Good job if you don't fancy doing much, and just wanna save some money! Stay away from the malls in that case!

gashbag
27th Jun 2003, 19:01
Thanks Flossie:D
do you have any idea how i would/could go about getting an interview? or at least finding out if they have a vacancy? or who i get in touch with?
Thanx.GB

flossie
27th Jun 2003, 19:21
Gashbag.........I hate to tell you this!............Jet Personel !!! Or you could try Kingdoms website...I think its www.kingdomholdings.com
Their chief flight attendant is called Diandra. That's about all I know.......! Good luck

Peggy Mitchell
6th Jul 2003, 19:16
Awright Awright....... now let's not be havin' a have a go at Jackie website..... she pops into the Vic a couple of times a week on her way home from Henley and she's a lovely lady. Now ladies, she recruits for the top ME flights. Yes,these rich aircraft owners can have who they want flying for them. Yes,some prefer blonds, some prefer boys, that's their decision. They are not going to want some mid 30's, bitter and twisted, single, back end of tram smash,face like a chamois leather from too much sun on the beach in BAH or DXB who has sent in a photo of themselves sitting on the sun lounger in the back garden are they ?

As for working for Kingdom, I have met a few of the girls there ( they popped into the Vic for a thurs night Karaoke on their last London ) and they are stunners. Exactly as Flossie says, don't fly much , good money, about 15 sets of uniform but so what. Who are we to judge these ladies. Ask yourself HONESTLY....if you had the chance to do 2 yrs there and bank the money then you'd be there like a shot.

Oh and Flossie, don't knock 747SP for her spelling. Judging by your responses in other posts you're not exactly Carol Vorderman

Right I'm off up West to get meself a new outfit....

haamdhanimaid
8th Jul 2003, 19:21
Well if you don't mind one of your uniforms being a mini skirt and knee high boots that's great...;)