PDA

View Full Version : Cypris - what´s happening in the future ?

MaxBlow
13th Jun 2003, 16:51
I like to ask you for your opinion over Cypris. Now that a political
solution might be reached in the near future and the borders are open it´ll be interesting to see what´ll happen to the 3 airlines based on the island (Eurocypria, Cypres Airways, KTHY).
I think that there´ll be no need for three airports nor will there be enough room for all these airlines...

fokker
13th Jun 2003, 17:18
......presumably, one initial step will be for those involved in consideration of the issues to demonstrate an ability to spell "Cyprus "...............

;)

rupetime
13th Jun 2003, 17:59
what has opening the borders got to do with the demand for people to travel to and from Cyprus, if the demand is still there then im sure the airlines will still move people?

forget
13th Jun 2003, 18:10
fokker, Is it just possible that in Max Blow's native language the spelling is Cypris?

fokker
13th Jun 2003, 18:16
....quite possibly, I suppose; although not very likely. That said, of course, Mr. Kenneth Luxury-Yacht actually pronounces his surname 'Throat-Wobbler-Mangrove'.

Anyway, it's much more fun just to toss a hand grenade into the pool and see what floats to the surface. You, for instance!

I know, I'll get me coat.

:} ;) :E :rolleyes:

GK430
13th Jun 2003, 19:08
:hmm: Kypris?

Have Helios packed up then..........

fokker
13th Jun 2003, 19:21
...... as opposed to 'cypress', which is a Leylandii-type tree. Or, indeed, 'psy-press' which is an instrument of torture much favoured in asylums. (Or is that ' asyla'?) Which itself should not be confused with a status of political or ethical refuge. Again to be separated from 'refuse' which means either to decline emphatically or the bag of cr@p that gets thrown in the back of a yellow truck on a Monday morning. Which same bag of cr@p, whilst possibly being removed in a 'skip' in the UK would undoubtedly confuse our trans-Atlantic kith and kin who would be expecting its removal in a 'dumpster'.

OK, now?

:8 :rolleyes: :}

.......by the way. Don't you just love it when a perfectly harmless, innocent thread is sitting there, minding its own business, when suddenly it is set upon by ruffians and hijacked?

I do.

:}

limpbiscuits
13th Jun 2003, 19:54
I thought the big brother inmates werent allowed access to the outside world??

How come Jon is pprun'ing under the name Fokker?

YAWN

MaxBlow
13th Jun 2003, 20:18
drop a brick fokker
how would the cypRIOTS feel...or was it just because on my keyboard the letter `U` is right next to the alphabetic character ´I´ ...:O ;)
I´ve been told some call it KIBRIS (KTHY).

selam

MarkD
14th Jun 2003, 00:56
Is the interesting political situation vis-a-vis ATC handover still going on? I seem to remember someone trying on an Ireland - Northern Cyprus air service and being shot down because the one person in the civil service still awake remembered the UN sanctions...

fokker
14th Jun 2003, 02:07
Oh now, come on, please! It's no fun fishing if you're not even going to wriggle on the hook.

:8

Cypres
14th Jun 2003, 09:23
Now, what's all this fuss about?

visitor
14th Jun 2003, 15:02
it looks like to me none of you is well informed whats going on in cyprus either side
regarding the helios comment the answer is just getting biger and profitable

fokker
15th Jun 2003, 00:44
Yerwhat? "Biger " ?

:confused: :}

pilot_will
15th Jun 2003, 08:31
I remember reading last year about Eurocypria, the baby airline of Cyprus Airways were seperating.

Just wondering if anyone has heard any more on this?

Also not too sure whether I prefered Eurocypria with their A320's or their new B737-800's.

MaxBlow
16th Jun 2003, 05:09
Pretty interesting in here...

Well than, good night and
God shave the Queen !:E

fokker
16th Jun 2003, 23:03
Now you're getting the idea..................

:} :ok: