PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Acceptance

ozboi23
13th Jun 2003, 10:16
i had my interview with EK in early april and received a confirmation email the other day 8 weeks after my final saying i had been accepted and will be in contact shortly regarding a starting date,

regarding the written reference we have to provide does anyone know if they ring your company or they just req. the written reference.

AndrewDima
13th Jun 2003, 19:01
Ozboi23,

Well done mate and congratulations!! What state was your interview held in??

With the reference mate i am almost positive they only require it for thier records. My girlfriend was excepted by emirates last month and she provided them it, and knows that there were definatley no calls made.

She was also told by another cabin crew member that Emirates never call the references. But then again you never know, thats two people out of about 3500.

again, WELL DONE!! Andrew.

Captain Lou P
14th Jun 2003, 17:20
Greetings gents! Oz, thats great! I had my interviews in Mel in early March, and I got the same email as you about 3 weeks ago. I faxed them a reference, but still haven't heard anything. Am guessing Sep/Oct start as I know they have courses running in Aug. Bare in mind, they have only 3 guys per training group, so it does take time. Pls let me know when you hear anything. Hang in there Andrew, I'm pretty sure you'll hear good news soon.
Cheers CLP

sydflyboy
16th Jun 2003, 09:53
congrats ozboi23 and CPL,

I also got the same email last week, I cant wait to get to DXB, but I dont think it will be until sept/oct as well.. which is good anyway as gives me time to pack up and say goodbye to everyone... :D

Dispatchguy
17th Jun 2003, 02:46
Just to be precise.

A friend of mine had his interwiev back in February, received an "yes but wait" email some 3 weeks ago and "yes, your training date is 27th July" CALL around a week ago. He was given an option of 2 training dates - 1 exactly a month from that call day, another training date in 6 weeks from that day. Seems only now they have gone through "February candidates", so it will be a bit more waiting for those whose interwievs were back in March and after.
No indicaton of any reference calls from EK.

Still waiting for my strarting date with Dnata, which is currently suspended due SARS.

Any questions, PM me.

//Dispatchguy

AndrewDima
17th Jun 2003, 12:41
CLP and Sydflyboy,

Well done gents and congratulations. It seems like it's about a 8 or 9 week period before you hear anything, which is pretty good for guys, as i know in 2002 it was approx 5 months wait.

I was in the Melb May interviews, been four weeks and havnt heard anything, might give them a buzz as advised next week some time.

My girlfriend Kathy was in the March Melb interviews and was notified in 3 weeks that she was accepted and flew over mid may.

Your gonna love it guys, keep us posted if you hear about your leave date.

Andrew!

aerosurfer
20th Jun 2003, 15:56
I had interview in mid MAY and got their acceptance email after the date of final interview for 3 weeks. For me(male) still need to wait for their courses date but my friends(female) had appointment already as they will fly to DXB on 17and24July. !!

Anyhow, hope they will call me and you guys soon!
:ok:

Captain Lou P
20th Jun 2003, 23:11
Hi all. I'm leaving for Dubai on the 29/7 or 1/8 depending on medicals! I can't wait!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys and hope I can meet you all in Dubai soon..
Cheers CLP:ok:

aerosurfer
21st Jun 2003, 01:25
wow! that's great CLP!
i read from your post in other topic that you just got acceptance email from them 3 weeks ago, right!? that's nice, i hope that they will call me soon! can't wait! hehehe

Good Luck for your flight la, see ya in DXB. :ok:

meisu2000
23rd Jun 2003, 16:37
Hi Aerosurfer!

It's so wonderful to see you here! I'm Meisu2000 from www.thaicabincrew.com!!! Congratulations to you for getting Emirates :ok:

aerosurfer
23rd Jun 2003, 16:59
hi, Khun Meisu2000

I know you krub... :)
congrats to you to that
you got Final Interview this time.!

cheers!:uhoh:

aerosurfer
29th Jun 2003, 16:54
Hey guys,
I 've got a call from Emirates today, they confirmed me about the date travel to DXB between 7 or 8 August! Wow!

See ya guys in DXB!
cheers! :ok:

sydflyboy
30th Jun 2003, 13:44
hey got a call too and ill be leaving on the same dates 8 august to start training on the 16th