View Full Version : Mobile internet access on a phone

tom775257
13th Jun 2003, 04:37
A quick note to anyone who might find full internet access in many countries without needing a laptop/PDA usefull– the SonyEricsson P800 phone. I got mine a week ago, it is really good. It is large mobile phone sized, but small enough to use as a mobile. It has full internet access through the Opera browser using GPRS or dial-up! Plays MP3’s, videos etc, views office documents, full e-mail access, and some fun games. Sorry if this sounds like an advert, but some of you guys flying to different countries might like it. (I do not work for S.E. by the way..) It is a real great new toy!
Cheers,
Tom.

BRL
13th Jun 2003, 06:35
Hi Tom, can you get pprune on it?

tom775257
13th Jun 2003, 08:01
Yes! Not just WAP crap ( although it does WAP2 too)... so long as you load Opera it has FULL net access (Well, I haven't found a web-site that doesn't work with it yet...)
http://www.opera.com/support/index.dml?platform=symbian
It shrinks pictures automatically etc.
If I can be bothered I will do a post from it tommorow...

Tinstaafl
13th Jun 2003, 08:08
It should. I use Opera on my PCs & have no problem with PPRuNe.

Of course PPRuNe has a policy of not using browser dependent widgets & gizmos, unlike some other websites...

tom775257
13th Jun 2003, 08:22
Hello from my phone....how cool is that?

BRL
13th Jun 2003, 21:28
Hi Tom, thats so cool....!!!! :ok: Gadgets, don't ya just love 'em...... :D

Can you load Opera on a 7650???????

tom775257
14th Jun 2003, 01:36
Yes you can:
http://www.opera.com/download/index.dml?platform=symbian&man=Nokia
But the screen is a fair bit smaller...
It is free for the P800, 39 Euros for the 7650 I believe

BRL
15th Jun 2003, 03:22
Well I just downloaded Opera and got it on my phone but when I try and connect I get the G flashing on and off in the top left corner then nothing. I have looked at the Opera forums and some people have had the same problem, it looks like the GPRS settings need changing but forked if I can work any of it out. :{ :{
When I get more time i will try and get around it.