PDA

View Full Version : Qantas 747 In Adelaide On 13 June, 2003

richie-rich
13th Jun 2003, 00:03
Gidday
Could someone tell me what a Qantas 747 was doing in Adelaide today on 13 June? I saw it on its final to runway 23, I believe (forgot what it is)

Was uncalled for. thats all
Richie

RaTa
13th Jun 2003, 08:28
richie check your dates.
If it was Thursday morning, then it could be that one dropped in for some extra fuel due SYD fog.

turtle
13th Jun 2003, 09:02
Richie

Last night (12th) heard while flying, about 16.30Local QF 9 was dumping fuel east of Quarry then continued to land at YPAD. Didnt hear the reason for the diversion though. Maybee crook pax or something.

Anyone know anymore?

Desert Flower
13th Jun 2003, 10:31
Yes, believe it was due to crook pax. Heard something on ABC radio about it, but saw nothing on TV.

DF.

Dubya
13th Jun 2003, 11:23
It was QF9, at about 14:15 local Adelaide time. He called PAN, diverted to ADL via QUARY, due to sick pax. Dumped fuel on the way, too.

Buster Hyman
13th Jun 2003, 12:09
"I thought it was the end!", exclaimed one terrified Adelaide resident, as he described the moment a fully laden Qantas 747 screamed just metres over his head! "Ah said to my wife, ah said, "Cousin Betsy, this is thuh end!" and she was a screamin' and a hollerin at the kids like, she thought it was thuh end too!"

Wildlife officers at the scene were, last night, combing the Adelaide hills looking for the terrified Dingo, and a number of missing Adelaide residents as memories of Sept 11 drifted into the minds of the unsupecting Adelaide public!

A spokesperson for Qantas said the incident was being pushed out of all proportion by the media as this sort of thing; "Happens all the time!"

Adelaides Lord Mayor could not be contacted for comment, as he also was thought to be hiding in the hills.

:rolleyes:

olderbutyzer
13th Jun 2003, 18:57
Seems to be a bit of a discrepancy on the time that this actually happened, but then you know the media!

Emergency on board

A QANTAS plane was diverted to Adelaide Airport yesterday so that a passenger could be taken to hospital.
An airport spokesman said the plane was bound for Melbourne when the medical emergency occurred just before 5 pm.
The female passenger was taken from the plane to the Royal Adelaide Hospital by SA Ambulance officers.
Police had received calls from concerned Lyndoch residents when the plane was seen circling Williamstown at a low altitude.

Ascend Charlie
13th Jun 2003, 19:05
Nobody has answered Richie Rich's original question:"What was the Qantas 747 doing over Adelaide?"

It was doing about 140 knots.:8

Lurk R
13th Jun 2003, 20:10
I suspect the Advertiser meant "bound from Melbourne"1

HotDog
13th Jun 2003, 20:19
Hopefully more than 140k, otherwise they would have needed a lot more ambulances, unless he was very very light.

richie-rich
14th Jun 2003, 00:35
hey olderbutyzer
u r rite, partner. i was going to work around 430pm and when i was in the city (which is about 7km from the airport), i was the jumbo on its final. must be the medical emergency u were talking about. has to be it!!

Thanx
Richie

7 THAT WAS "I SAW" :ooh: