PDA

View Full Version : Bmi Baby - New Routes

Powerjet1
12th Jun 2003, 21:31
New daily Manchester - Barcelona & Prague routes announced from 1 Oct. Man - Cork increasing from daily to twice daily.

Tom the Tenor
13th Jun 2003, 02:32
Barcelona and Prague are good safe bets from MAN but the new double daily to Cork is just great news. Hope Baby does really well. Gas at Cork everynight to see the two Babys from MAN & EMA arrive within a few minutes of each other along with the CSA as well from Prague! Keeps the chaps and chapesses at Serviceair busy!

MarkD
13th Jun 2003, 04:35
Wonder what loads on the BA ORK-MAN service are these days? Or could it be that the clunky EI web engine which claims no seats ORK-DUB-MAN is costing them pax??

682ft AMSL
13th Jun 2003, 16:54
not just new routes, but a new base according to the FT. Apparantly they are in negotiations with TBI for a base at LTN.

Powerjet1
13th Jun 2003, 18:00
That's right. Snippet from today's FT.

' It is understood that BMI has begun negotiations to establish a fifth UK base at London Luton airport, owned by TBI group, which is already the HQ of easyjet, one of two leading no-frills carriers in Europe'.

Now if that came off, that would set the cat amongst the pigeons. What with Ryan rumoured to be adding routes from LTN, basing possibly up to 4 more aircraft there from Oct, plus the launch of flights from NOW at that time, where they all gonna go !!!!!!!!.

Mouser
14th Jun 2003, 00:19
Easyjet might bail out , where they gonna go .. Gatwick, Liverpool and Newcastle.

marlowe
14th Jun 2003, 03:25
B.A MAN-ORK service is doing just fine thanks.

MarkD
14th Jun 2003, 04:04
marlowe

good to hear it - my parents flew with them on the route recently and were very happy with the service. good to see baby and all but I like my frills!

richardnei
14th Jun 2003, 06:24
Is there any chance of baby expanding at BFS in the near future. I believe the existing routes are doing fine from here.

A couple of Spanish routes would be good!!

notice
15th Jun 2003, 06:38
bmibaby new BFS routes but which are history?

bmibaby.com
15th Jun 2003, 19:10
richardnei, I agree that there is a potentially large market in Northern Ireland to launch flights to the Mediterranean, but whether bmibaby or EasyJet take up that offer is yet to be seen!

cphflyer
15th Jun 2003, 19:40
Well before they open "new" routes they shud concentrate on the ones they have, no more late aircraft!

No more lies from handling staff!

Lets have a few smiles from the Cabin Crew now n again...... getting very tired of the grumpy faces.

Wakey wakey, ull do ok once u take the finger out....... or Ryanair will getchya

:8 :}

eastern wiseguy
15th Jun 2003, 19:40
bmibaby new BFS routes but which are history?

What does this mean.......? It is barely english let alone a comment.Care to elucidate?

682ft AMSL
16th Jun 2003, 03:31
Just browsing at the draft winter schedule that Baby have issued at the IATA slot conference taking place in Vancouver at the moment.

Looks likes more bad news for BACE with the launch of a daily MAN-GVA service.

The guys at Teesside will be disapointed with their proposed schedule as it stands - a daily BFS run and a weekly flight to Malaga and Geneva, with all the flights operating on 'w' patterns through Teesside as opposed to based a/c.

The only other thing of note was the absence of any schedules for EMA-BRU.

All draft of course.

Buster the Bear
16th Jun 2003, 04:29
So the Tees base, is it happening or are the babies heading my way?

Has there been a change in focus toward the south-east, as my prediction many moons ago?

Mystic Buster, now there is a thought!

Take up the Hold
16th Jun 2003, 05:31

They used to put the draft schedules on the internet.The page I have says they are updating security. Have they issued elsewhere and if so do you have a link?

TUTH

682ft AMSL
16th Jun 2003, 06:54
TutH - the stuff available to the public is at:

http://www.iata.org/sked/edraftschedules/index

notice
16th Jun 2003, 06:56
Dear EW,
In the context of the title of this topic and a recent posting ( 'Is there any chance of baby expanding at BFS in the near future. I believe the existing routes are doing fine from here'), no-one, but a fool or a fag friend of bmi, would have a credible or comprehension problem in understanding that my posting meant:
bmibaby new (BFS) routes but which (of their present services from there) are history?

eastern wiseguy
16th Jun 2003, 07:09
Notice...only a fool or a fag friend of BMi
would have a credible or comprehension problem in understanding that my posting meant:

as neither a fool nor a "fag friend" (whatever that is )I asked a civil question.As an air traffic controller at Belfast I suspect I have more of an interest in the place than you.....SPEAK ENGLISH....and don't expect everyone to be on your extremely low wavelength!