PDA

View Full Version : Swiss legroom

Jorge Newberry
12th Jun 2003, 20:55
I am going to Buenos Aires from Zurich - economy class - with Swiss in a couple of days. Anyone have any idea what their legroom is like? Is it necessary to try to blag an exit seat?

Momo
13th Jun 2003, 03:26
LX94 stops in Sao Paolo on the way. It's an MD11. No individual video in economy. Seating is 3-4-2. Personally, I would choose seat 20A at the emergency exit. There are no toilets on the A side. Swiss claims 32" seat pitch, vs. 31 for BA.

Momo

TwinAisle
20th Jun 2003, 00:05
My experience of Swissair economy dates back to a trip on one of their A330s from EWR to ZRH. The legroom was so restricted that I had to sit sideways, with my feet in the aisle. When I got up to use the loo, the guy ahead of me reclined his seat a tad further, and I couldn't get back into it. 32 inches? It certainly felt a lot less than BA.

Also - do they still charge to use the inflight games?

As a TravelClub member, I wrote to them - three times - to get their response to the fact that I spent 1,000 miles in a washroom (since I couldn't get back into my seat) - and they ignored my letters.

Swiss? I hope they are a lot better than Swissair, and they have reconfigured their aircraft. Otherwise - no thanks.

TA

nick24
20th Jun 2003, 00:14
I think I may have been on the same flight as you, TA, as I had the same experience! OK, I may not have spent 1000 miles in the WC, but I remember the guy in front of me putting his seat back only for me to ram it back as he almost kneecapped me in the process. Hope it wasn't you.......

Had I been Ronnie Corbett, the flight would have been fine. As I am not, then it must classify as the worst flight of my life. No space. No leg room. No fun. No more Swiss for me.

Pax Vobiscum
20th Jun 2003, 17:49
Did AJ successfully get his Club tickets ZRH-EZE for Ģ320? That should solve any legroom issues :D

See Surely shome mishtake (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68574) for relevant thread.

Globaliser
20th Jun 2003, 17:56
At least he had infinitely more cause to be hopeful than those of us who took a punt on TG's Ģ0+tax F fares to BKK!

Jorge Newberry
8th Jul 2003, 00:44
I checked in early and, as Momo suggested, asked for 20a. I was told that it and all the other exit seats had already been given to members of a tour group. So I had to content myself with a normal aisle seat.

After the seatbelt sign went off the genius in front of me put his backrest all the way back which left me with less space than a battery hen. I tapped him on the shoulder and politely asked him to wait till after dinner before crashing out. He must have detected the "Bill the Butcher" side of my character because he did as I asked.

Service on the flight was on the good side of fair but there simply isnīt room in ordinary economy class for someone with longish legs.

classic707
15th Jul 2003, 03:24
For TA - the unfortunate A330 SWISS-flyer
My recent experience on a 330 from SWISS from ZRH to DXB -MCT.
The inflight-games are now free of charge, i enjoyed the ice-cream overflying Iran and the scenic-views while crossing the Alps but the seating is neither traveller-friendly (maybe no cash -no space??) nor SWISS-like!! - i really enjoyed the transit-stop at
DXB!!
Where are the former (707)-times!!!! :{

Greetings