PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Melb May Interviews

AndrewDima
11th Jun 2003, 21:47
Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone out there attended the Emirates Melbourne Interviews in mid May 2003 and made it through successfully to the last interview.

I made it through but have not heard anything and i'm just interested to find out from anyone that was there whether they have heard anything.

Also if anyone has had an interview in the past with Emirates and could tell me how long they take to let you know if your successful or not, that would help too.

Thanks in advance, Andrew!

Ozi78
12th Jun 2003, 06:24
Hi Andrew,
I had my final interview in Sydney just over a week ago - apparently you can expect to hear from them between 4-6 weeks after your final but from some of the other posts on this site it could be months.

How did your final interview go? I'm not too sure I did the best but I suppose you always fear the worst. When making the final decision, do you think they take your performance in all stages into consideration or mainly base things on how you go in the final interview?

maryjane
12th Jun 2003, 17:42
Hi,

I was also at the Melb May interviews. I haven't heard anything yet. I thought I did really well in everything, and then really bad in the final interview.

Just a question, one of the girls that went in for the final interview before me had to do some sort of test involoving identifying patterns, which I was not asked to do (I take this as a bad sign). Did you have to do that test?

Can you please post when you do hear something (I hope it is good news for you:).

Oh well, Emirates was my first choice, but I am flying to Bahrain on June 28 to start with Gulf, so life isn't so bad.

Regards,
maryjane

AndrewDima
12th Jun 2003, 17:50
Hey Ozi78,

Thanks for your reply mate.

To be honest with you after my final interview i came out thinking the worst, but i think it's because the recruiters show no emotion in regards to how your doing, and give you no indication at all on how you finished up for the day.

But since then i've been a bit more positive about it all with the realisation of how far i have actually got in the process.

I really think they judge you on the entire process and not just the final. The group discussions and how you react around people, i believe is very important them, hence the big group interviews.

good luck, Andrew!

Hello Maryjane,

Thats interesting, i didn't know anything about a pattern identifacation test and i spoke to the girl before me on the day and she didn't mention it either. I wouldn't worry about it.

Well done with GulfAir and good luck. You must be excited. Did you find it a difficult process to get accepted?

Andrew.

maryjane
12th Jun 2003, 18:46
Hey Andrew,

The process for Gulf was heaps easier then for Emirates, they had a walk in Interview day, and no more than 120 people turned up (including applicants for inflight chef, compared to over 1000 for Emirates, that was daunting!) and probably about 1/3 got a final interview. The final interview being with 4 other candidates, and 3 recruitment staff from GF, and going for approx 20 minutes. However, they are not so keen on Aussie guys I'm sorry.

About that pattern test, I got to my final interview early, so I saw 3 people come out before me, and it seemed only 1 did the test. I think she was the only 1 because the girl that went in after her went in 10 mintues before the pattern test girl came out. I was sitting in the corridor thinking something strange was going on because she never came out, then when she came out she said she did this test. (you know how it was in a suite in that hotel, so I guess they put her in another room in the suite).

I am pretty excited about GF. It will suck so bad if I get an offer from EK just after I arrive in Bahrain.

I guess I don't know you, because no guys made it to a final interview the day that I went.

Cheers,
maryjane

raft rower
12th Jun 2003, 20:37
Congrats on GF maryjane, sure you will have a ball. GF has a great F/A manager, having worked with her at AN Int and Ansett mk2. Pity they don't hire aussie guys!

Ozi78
13th Jun 2003, 06:01
Andrew,

Exactly!!! The interviewers gave no indication at all and showed no emotion. I was cursing for a few days afterwards thinking I should of said this, I should of said that. But now that I have had a chance to relax I don't think I did too bad. Please keep in touch and let us know how you do, fingers crossed it will be good news.

AndrewDima
13th Jun 2003, 18:51
Ozi78,

absolutley mate... keeping those fingers crossed and any other body part i can cross, i'm keeping that crossed too!!

I will definatley keep in touch and keep you posted if i hear anything. You make sure you do the same.

Good luck, Andrew!

maryjane
19th Jun 2003, 13:32
Hey everyone else at Melbourne May interviews, I did as badly as I thought in that final interview and got a rejection email today.

Doesn't matter, I am off to Bahrain in a week:D :D :D

I hope the rest of you waiting to hear did not get the same email as me today, no news is very good news hey.

Goodluck to everybody!!!

MJ

aerosurfer
20th Jun 2003, 15:50
Hi,

I had interviewed with Emirates on mid MAY in Bangkok. I got acceptance email from them last week ( so, for me only 3 weeks after Final Interview) but still need to wait for training course dates available. i faxed them reference already.

hope you guys will get their acceptance soon!

:ok: