PDA

View Full Version : Airline Appointments

Exxon-Valdez
11th Jun 2003, 21:28
Anyone else had the misfortune of using this rather useless agency? It would appear that once again they are unable to meet their contract obligations with Easyjet (constant and desperate advertisements on aviationjobsearch and flight international) They are even prepared to take on people with no experience in avain hope to fill the gaps. My advise to anyone condidering starting their flying career by using this agency.

DON'T!

Ex-V

herodotus
12th Jun 2003, 00:32
What is the problem with the agency - do they pay late, take too big a commission or is it the underlying EZ package. How did they screw you around because they certainly present a glossy image?

Some details for the vulnerable would help! Which is the best agency out there - for UK/Europe work.

homesick rae
12th Jun 2003, 01:02
Yeah, they had me down for 2 backtoback contracts that never transpired!

Also, "to apply for this position, please register...."

What is that about, I am registered, sadly, still with them so why should I have to re-register? What about their database?

Then when you do apply (3 times) they never respond!

Airline Disappointments more like!

sweety
12th Jun 2003, 03:33
I had quite a bad experience with them too. Got all my hopes up and then they just never bothered to answer my e-mails or give me any info on what was going on... So I'm still waiting........for over a year now.. Luckily I am happy where I am now!

TopsideUp
12th Jun 2003, 21:46
Hi Chaps

I have been offered a position with Easyjet and it was arranged by Airline Appointments. I can only imagine that you have had a bad experience because I found them to be very approachable and have got me a job with much better conditions than in my previous experience.

Have you lot bothered to speak to them or do you just fling out random applications and hope that one sticks

homesick rae
12th Jun 2003, 22:36
"you lot"

well, personally i haven't spoken by phone for a while...

not since the false promises from before!

i have however, registered, re-registered and updated my details AND informed them of my interest and availability...:*

they should take a leaf from Fliteonline where you can send your CV online and follow the status of your applications.

i am interested in this current URGENT position but have had no interest from them!!

i used to deal with RW and he was always helpful as much as poss, but like i say: Airline Disappointments at the moment!

sentinel
12th Jun 2003, 23:16
For the record!

Airline Appointments (AA) is recruiting for several airlines this summer and the volume of their advertising is a simple indication of the scale upon which they are recruiting.

Yes, ab initio cabin crew are being considered - where the airline has given this their 100% backing. AA has helped hundreds of people realise their dream of becoming cabin crew and makes no apologies for continuing to do so!

Like most crewing providers, AA use an electronic registration process to reduce the time taken from initial enquiry through to job offer. CVs do, however, become quickly out of date and AA's website allows pre-registered candidates to quickly update their CV online. Users who have forgotten their password may either phone or email AA for a reminder.

It is a sad fact of life that not everyone registered with AA will be offered work. Every time a new vacancy is confirmed, AA will always contact the most recently registered candidates first. This places the onus firmly on a candidate to keep in touch from time-to-time in order to keep their name near the top of the database. Most agencies operate in this manner - and candidates should recognise this, rather than waiting for their phones to ring.

If anyone wishes to complain to AA, they should pick up the phone rather than hiding behind what they believe is an anonymous profile on the web.

Finally, let it be known that AA is a highly reputed agency who have been recruiting crew for over 30 years. The vast majority of candidates that interact with AA receive a trouble-free experience and are handled in a professional and courteous manner.

homesick rae
13th Jun 2003, 00:03
wow!!! a response!!!

airshowpilot
13th Jun 2003, 01:11
Hey you guys - give AA a break! I have just got a job through them for easyJet and they have been excellent.

What is your problem Exxon? Perhaps you can shed some light on any personal problems that you have had using them on here? It sounds like you have had a bitter experience??

I heard about them through a friend of mine, they've been around for a while and they do their best. They have always been honest with me and I know that they are good payers too! What's wrong with employing new people and giving them a chance? At least they are giving some of the many wannabees a start!

Pedro.:O

homesick rae
13th Jun 2003, 01:41
i think what happened with me is that i may have spoken to a less senior member of staff, who possibly "promised" a contract when they shouldn't have...albeit unintentionally...

my gripe is simple! acknowledge people's applications at least! why ask them to register when there is little or no response...at least certainly over the past 8 months!!

update the website and let people know what's happening!

justwannabeapilot
13th Jun 2003, 03:08
I personally cannot see what the problem is with AA as I have been absolutely surprised at how brilliantly they have helped me over the past few weeks. I went online and registered my interest and they phoned me at home within a few days offering me an interview with EasyJet.

I am now starting my course on Monday having passed the assessment and interview and the rest as they say is history. Throughout the entire process including the copious amounts of admin AA have been nothing but helpful and always ready and willing to assist.

I am sorry to hear that you have had some bad experiences but perhaps you should be speaking to them directly instead of shouting abuse in a forum. You'll probably get a lot further that way.

Remember the old saying : "You attract more flys with honey than vinegar!"

homesick rae
13th Jun 2003, 04:10
hardly "abuse"...read the posts again!

these are facts and experiences, good and bad, of certain individuals...simple!

i see it's your first post, well try and get in the swing of things and understand that this is info for other crew and, maybe, will help AA realise that there have been problems that they may not be aware of.

for your info, i actually have emailed AA recently ( 2 weeks ago) and have had no response...i rest my case!

gulf-crew
13th Jun 2003, 05:45
I too have had the experience of dealing with Agencies, not just AA, promises promises and more promises of jobs nothing happened even after constant phone calls, finally gave up and went out and found my job of my own back

I certainly dont have anything against any agency just wont bother using them again if I ever have to. They all promised loads of work and nothing ever came of any.

Good luck to anyone who gets work for me it was probably the wrong time.

Happy flying

Toulouse Grasscutter
14th Jun 2003, 04:01
Ex-V

Good grief, did you start in the cabin crew world the moment you were born? What have you got against people having an opportunity to start a 'dream career'. This appears to me to be a gripe because you didn't get chosen, perhaps??? Or maybe a dis-illusioned EZY employee who feels that the need to chuck the toys? Do you know what their contract obligations are with EZY... maybe it was EZY's idea, can you say for sure it wasn't. Get a life!

Just for your information, I have worked for Airline Appointments before, on contract at an airline that went belly up in Dec 2001, based in STN. That airline (god bless them and those that have moved on to make a success of a new starry eyed airline!) went bankrupt and could not pay their bills to Airline Appointments for my (or my colleagues) salary. Not only did Airline Appointments pay our salary, outstanding holiday and expenses, but they (RH you know who you are) gave us a lift to the airport (LHR), sold the car we had bought over here, and helped us settle the affairs that we had been left with....at no cost to us. As far as I know they got nothing from the administrators to cover it either!

These guys did their best in the chaos that hit the aviation market and I would recommend them to anyone.

Maybe they got something wrong to upset you..'homesick rae' but can you honestly say that you have been perfect in everything you do????

So come on Ex-V, a little more insight into your bitterness so that we can ignore it please.

homesick rae
14th Jun 2003, 04:44
Lawnmower Man

Funnily enough they have! They don't respond! WHY?

Answer me that and I will say nothing else!

Funnily enough, apart from a brief email and a call to RW, who has always been helpful...I have been nicely lead up the garden path and now as others have mentioned...ignored...maybe XX years is too much experience for the jobs you guys are dealing with?

Honestly, I just want an answer...I don't need a job!

haamdhanimaid
15th Jun 2003, 18:14
Well homesick

I think Airline Appointments are a very good agency - they have called me up numerous times for positions in the UK and outside and they always email me with interesting opportunities.

Usually an agency will not contact you if you do not meet the requirements of the operation.

I understand you have a gripe and we crew are famous for moaning and complaining but sometimes that can come across too strong - and these agency people are trained to notice these things.....

Just a thought...;)

homesick rae
15th Jun 2003, 19:11
like i say: i do not need a job...

YYC F/A
16th Jun 2003, 02:28
It's well known that AA have been helping EZY fill in for extra crew, but they are now apparently hiring for "at least two major British carriers". Anyone know who the other one is?

My personal experience - AA emailed me a general bulk email on the EZY vacancy, then when I asked for more info I spoke to a gentleman who was really helpful, he emailed me a full job description and details of the contract, and gave me cell phone numbers to contact AA staff after office hours if I was serious about setting up an interview.

EZY pays well and seems like a fun place to work, but not the airline for me. Nonetheless, I can't fault the helpfulness and efficiency of the AA staff from my experience. Depending on who the other carriers are that they represent in the future I would def. consider going through them again.

Fly safe.

sentinel
16th Jun 2003, 16:29
I would encourage Homesick Rae to contact AA directly to establish his or her status vis-a-vis any job opportunities.

By all means, send a private message to me via this forum and I will ensure that AA answers your questions in person.

Anonymity is a wonderful thing - but AA can't help you if they don't know who you are!

Exxon-Valdez
16th Jun 2003, 19:46
Basingstoke?

T-Co~*&r

No bitterness on my ship.

See the oil fields at first light

ExXon-Oil-O-Rama

ZZzzZZ
17th Jun 2003, 02:12
Why don't people just apply the traditional way? By contacting the airline directly. It worked with me.

homesick rae
20th Jun 2003, 03:41
Sentinel:Sentinel

FYI, I have just "updated" my details already registered with AA.

Now let's see what happens okay?

;)

YYC F/A
22nd Jun 2003, 06:45
Apart from EZY, anyone know who else AA are recruting for right now?

Thx!