PDA

View Full Version : Money 2001

pilotwolf
11th Jun 2003, 19:46
Help!

I have MS Money 2001 installed on my PC and have had no problems with it until the last couple of days, in the same time span the machine won't shut down - just reboots.

The Money program will not let me enter any transactions and then everytime I try to do ANYTHING within the program - including closing it - it says: "That transaction can not be entered". The only way to exit the program is to reboot. I ve tried repairing the installation and removing it and reinstalling but end up with the same result.

I am running XP with the latest updates on a Pentium III, 1064MB RAM.

I ve not installed any new programs nor removed any in recent days. I ve run antivirus scans and Norton WinDoctor and no problems have been found.

Any suggestions?

Naples Air Center, Inc.
12th Jun 2003, 00:12
pilotwolf,

I have MS Money 2001 installed on my PC and have had no problems with it until the last couple of days, in the same time span the machine won't shut down - just reboots.

That is one of the symptoms of a virus, or damage from a virus that has been removed. Do make sure you have the latest update for your virus program, and you might want to try an online Browser Virus Scanner: (Just in case your Virus Scanner has been disabled by a virus.)

HouseCall (http://housecall.trendmicro.com)

As for Windoctor or any kind of 3rd party system utility, do not use them, they create more problems then they fix.

Let me know if anything is found in the scan and we will go from there.

Take Care,

Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Naples Air Center, Inc.
Custom Computers of Naples, Inc.