PDA

View Full Version : Low Cost no show factor.

Stampe
11th Jun 2003, 19:39
Anyone with knowledge of the low cost airlines able to tell me me the average percentage of booked pax who for any reason do not take their flight??.My company have tried to position me low cost several times recently but for operational reasons I,ve missed the flight then had to travel business class with a full service carrier!!.Not a cheap option then, especially in one of the cases when subsequent investigation showed the "low cost" fare to be dearer than BA,s equivalent internet fare.Friends who fly for low cost carriers tell me their flights are rarely more than 70% full so I guess the number of "paid but did not travel" must be quite high.Nice work if you can get it though.

brabazon
11th Jun 2003, 21:11
Check out easyJet's web-site as I think they quote both booked and carried load factors. If you've been caught out before why not book mulitple return flights on easyJet - you may still pay less than a fully flexible one-way on a full-service carrier.

By the way I'm not sure your friends fly on easyJet or Ryanair as their loads are in the 80s% - while bmibaby may be lower.

Bumz_Rush
13th Jun 2003, 02:44
I also wondered just how this worked......

Now for the second point:

You buy a ticket with a carrier that offers FF miles valid on the fare structure paid. For whatever reason you do not travel, and do not claim or receive a refund.
Thus the carrier has received your fare for the seat, and possibly a second fare for the seat. Or if not resold, saves on your costs.
Why do you not receive the FF point/miles. The company has actually benefitted more by you not filling the seat than filling the seat.

YES, I know they are called FF miles, but they are a loyalty programme. Answers please.....