PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand

FormerFlyer
11th Jun 2003, 03:01
Hello

Yeah I'm banging on again about NZ! I've heard from 2 different sources that CC recruitment for UK is back on again, after going through a bit of a hiatus.

Anyone got the gen? I know that 2 girls from EZY and someone from BMed are going over (or have just gone over) to NZ.

cheers ;)
FF

YYC F/A
12th Jun 2003, 00:36
Hi FF,

I called Air New Zealand about a month ago, and at the time they said that there was no recruitment taking place, either now or in the immediate future, for Flight Attendants LHR Base. Nonetheless, they sent me an application and advised me to send it back in 'to be kept on file'.

I know from some former colleagues at bmi that they just did a whole load of recruitment, medicals and reference checks just a few months ago, so I wasn't expecting to hear anything more from NZ for several months.

I hope you are right and the rumours are true - anyone at NZ care to comment?!

jamup
12th Jun 2003, 17:43
Does anybody know him he is suppose to be the Chielf Flight at Air NEw Zealand ,,, met him once in sydeny , is he playing for the otherside ,,, Woooooooooo

INMARSAT

STARBUX
20th Jun 2003, 06:20
Hello FormerFlyer,

I applied to ANZ last August and the first time I heard from them was in the December of that year....2002. It was a somewhat excitable and consequently misleading phone call, asking if I was still interested in joining them? They wanted me to send off my Opticians report, which I had to make a special journey to go and pick up. I sent the said report off to them and waited......and waited....and waited! Being the somewhat tenacious person that I am ........I called them in the February of 2003 to find out what was happening. It was at this point that they started giving out the old yarn of "we have had such a high response , we'll be in contact soon". So I waited a little longer ......and it was only in May that I found out that I had not been successful in even getting an interview....despite the fact that I have a lot of varied experience on 8 different aircraft types and with 4 airlines. The "thanks but no thanks" reply accompanied my original application form and the photo that I had sent them folded up in half, rendering it completely unusable for any other future applications...why they bothered to send my application form back is beyond me...I mean why would I want an ANZ application form back ???? Bizarre!

To surmise I found the whole process extremely unprofessional and in my opinion am glad that I wasnt successful in gaining an interview ,or employment with them. I DO know of some people that are going to them.....I say good luck to them.....as for me? Well, the recruitment process made me realise they are not for me.

Happy and safe Flying!!