PDA

View Full Version : Download Problem

Secret Squire
10th Jun 2003, 05:17
Hi,

Basically, I accidentally ticked the "Don't ask me again for this type of file" and clicked on open rather than save for all .zip files, so i have to right click on the file to download and save it, or it just opens straight off, and can't be saved conventionally.

Now, there MUST be a way to untick this box, but can I find a way? :(

Any help appreciated!

Secret

BOAC
10th Jun 2003, 05:22
Until an expert comes along, you could try disabling file downloads (if it is IE you use) under 'tools/options/security/custom level/downloads and see what happens.

Secret Squire
10th Jun 2003, 05:29
Thanks BOAC, but alas, it just brings up an error message, and when I restore it to as it was before, I get the same problem.

Thanks for the quick input anyway! :ok:

Secret

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
10th Jun 2003, 05:32
It would help if you let us know which version of Windows you're using... :rolleyes:

In general, you need to go to Windows Explorer, File Types, then change the settings for the relevant file type.

Secret Squire
10th Jun 2003, 05:36
RTFM!

Thank you!

I went into the folder options, file types, and ticked the "Confirm open after download" box, and all is well! :ok:

Thanks, I owe you one if I ever get to a GATBASH :D

Secret

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
10th Jun 2003, 05:41
Glad to have helped.

Won't be at GATBASH, sometimes make the PF London Bashes :)

BOAC
10th Jun 2003, 06:34
Well - I feel embarrassed now! I told you best to wait till the experts come along! I had not noticed that little box on file types!:sad:

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
10th Jun 2003, 07:11
I wouldn't worry about it, BOAC, I'm quote sure that M$ is deliberately inconsistent and idiosyncratic just to irritate people :bored: