PDA

View Full Version : Company Question???

Confirmed Must Ride
9th Jun 2003, 23:21
Anyone out there have any info on African International Airways Ops???? (intavia?)

VIKING9
10th Jun 2003, 00:18
Are you looking for information relating to the Ops department, or their type of operations?

You could always drop them a line African International (http://www.aiaflycargo.com/contact.html)

Confirmed Must Ride
10th Jun 2003, 00:20
Have been asked for interview - just asking for any info on their ops department etc.

redcap
12th Jun 2003, 18:29
You are considering working for African?

Have you wondered why you had never heard of them!

Not exactly what you might call a financially sound company.

plague, avoid, like and them spring to mind.

Confirmed Must Ride
16th Jun 2003, 16:37
Thanks for the heads up!

enemy of the state
13th Aug 2004, 13:51
What airline is not Finacially unsound at this current time!

I believe African Intnl are a cargo company that have been operating for many years, a lot longer than some airlines that have come and gone that redcap would of prob call sound airlines.

If you want to work in this industry you take your chances with anyone you join, look at BA how many job cuts?

classic707
14th Aug 2004, 17:13
CMR,

Still operating DC8s - hopefully for another couple of years!! - when you get the job - good chances for interesting cockpit-rides!!

Good Luck!! :ok:

justforfun
16th Aug 2004, 10:27
Mate of mine flies for them - good money, no probs getting paid, and gonna be there another 5 years if he wants.... don't sound to shabby to me - and the fact you HAVE not heard of them is ok - normally the only ones people hear about are the ones to avoid!!!

AVeight
18th Aug 2004, 10:40
redcap, Slightly unfair of you..AIA (Intavia) have been around for a long while now and have outlasted a good few other cargo airlines. Good team working near Gatwick and very experienced indeed.