PDA

View Full Version : virgin man-mco

gps117
9th Jun 2003, 18:31
hiya,

has anyone flown with virgin from manchester to orlando?

were flying on sat in what i thought was upper class but its called something different something like club orlando!

realise the usual bar and massage is not available but was wondering what the ife, service and seat are like?

cheers!

PAXboy
9th Jun 2003, 20:47
I have not heard of Club Orlando' and Upper Class is not available on that route. I think you will that it is Premium Econony?

Check the web site: Virgin Atlantic (http://www.virgin-atlantic.com) and take menu selection "Flying With Us". Then P.E. All the options, such as IFE, are detailed.

I have used PE many times and enjoy it. A good balance of price and facilities, with a seat pitch that is the same as the original Club class when that was introduced some 20 years ago - 38".

preiffer
10th Jun 2003, 22:43
Club orlando is basically Premium Economy service in an Upper class seat. The seat goes flat (in the case of the new "J2000 seats") or reclines like a business class one (in the case of the Alitalia <Recarro> seats), but the service will not be an Upper Class level.

No massage, no freedom menu, no fastrack, etc. but the seats are cool. IFE is down to the individual aircraft in use on that day - but won't be any different to the rest of the cabin. The only difference would be that the Upper Class seats have a bigger screen.

Hope this helps - if not, drop me a line for more info...