PDA

View Full Version : Battle Of Britain DVD

Banggearo
9th Jun 2003, 03:55
I seem to remember a thread enquiring as to whether Battle of Britain, (Michael Caine, Susannah York et al) was available on DVD. At the time it wasn't, well imagine my delight at finding out that, together with 633 Sqn, it was being released on DVD out here in the States on 20 May. As well as a copy for myself I thought that I would also order copies for my father in the UK (region 2 disc for the buffs out there). I was shocked, and horrified, to find that seemingly it has not been released in the UK and is only available in the US as a region 1 disc. Please tell me that this is not true and that I can get it in the UK. For anyone who is interested, if it is unavailable in the UK, it has been released by MGM classic movies, is available at several mail order DVD shops in the US, albeit as a Region1 disc.

BEagle
9th Jun 2003, 04:17
Is it in widescreen? If so, 1.85:1 or 2.35:1?

Just had a quick look on amazon.com (not the UK site) - it's in 2.35:1 WS.

Thank heavens for multi-region DVD players!

Banggearo
9th Jun 2003, 05:18
Yeh Beagle, but isn't it sad you can only get it in the US?

MATZ
9th Jun 2003, 06:53
Play.com have this disk for £9.99 - delivered (Although it is currently out of stock!).

Yes, it is only region 1, but as BEagle says "Thank heavens for multi-region DVD players!"

SASless
9th Jun 2003, 07:00
Next thing you know....we will be accused of re-writing the Battle of Britain as if no Americans participated in that either!

MSF
9th Jun 2003, 16:18
I saw a copy in HMV on saturday , Region 2.
Check your local branch or look at amazon.co.uk

Navaleye
10th Jun 2003, 16:53
I was down at Brooklands aand saw it there. Region 2.

MATZ
10th Jun 2003, 20:14
:hmm:

I think you will find that these R2 DVDs you have found are documentaries and NOT the film we all love.. I certainly can't find the film on amazon or blackstar etc....

"Put that cigarette out... Can't you smell gas????"

"Don't you shout at me, Mr Warrick!"

:D