PDA

View Full Version : re:virgin atlantic interview can anyone help???

BEDAZZLEDBOY
8th Jun 2003, 22:48
hi everyone iv got an assessment day on wed 11th june and i was wondering if anyone could give me any info on what sort of group tasks you have to do and also what sort of tests you have to do if you get through the morning stage,im really looking foward to going but im well nervous at the moment:confused: please,please can someone help me out??

Tomb Raider
9th Jun 2003, 11:13
Check out the Virgin forum on www.crewstart.com

BEDAZZLEDBOY
9th Jun 2003, 21:25
hi tomb raider

thanks for the reply its been a great help just hope i do well on the day!

Disko Biscuit
9th Jun 2003, 22:16
Hi

I went for the assessment day in Feb and although I was pretty nervous it was quite enjoyable.

They were about 20 of us on the day (which was quite a large group apparently) and when we first got there we heard a bit of spill about Virgin as a company. We then had to tell the group our name, where we are from and what we do and they asked us a few questions about that.

The first task was to find out information about the other candidates and write the answers to the questions on a piece of a paper on the wall. This was quite funny and we then sat back down and told the group what we learnt about each other.

We then all read out a sentence about Virgin (so polish you accent!) and then did a group task. We split into two groups and had about 10 everyday items per group. You then had to decide how to entertain a plane load of runway-bound passangers for 8 hours. This was quite funny again.

Then the interviewer told us what working for Virgin would be like and then answered any questions we had. This bit also made me chuckle as both the interviewers spoke as though 'tricky dicky' was an old mate. It was like "Richard thanks you for coming today".

Then decision time...... eek:

I didn't actually get through to the afternoon (I perhaps laughed a bit too much and they thought I was piss8d!) and to be honest I have no idea what they are looking for as 99% of the girls and guys are on the day were really nice people and very clued up. They only picked 4 to go through to the one to ones.

I'm sure they change their methods of interviewing from time to time so please don't take this as gospel but just enjoy it.

I'm definitely going to give it another go in August!: :ok:

BEDAZZLEDBOY
9th Jun 2003, 22:42
hi disko biscuit

thanks for replying to my posting im sure it will help a lot on the day,though from what iv read that other people have put it seems pretty tough to get in though il give it my best shot,anyway il let you know the outcome if you want??

Disko Biscuit
9th Jun 2003, 22:46
Yes - make sure you let me know how you get on!! I'm going to re-apply again in a couple of months and you can update me on the interview.

I'm sure you will be fine but just a few other things.....be extra nice to the receptionists (some people say that chat to the interviewers), have a good chat to the other candidates whilst your waiting as it will help calm your nerves a little and remember smile, smile, smile through the whole thing!!

My fingers are crossed for you!! :D

BEDAZZLEDBOY
9th Jun 2003, 22:57
thanks disko biscuit

il keep that in mind thanks againe for the info

take it easy and good luck for when you re apply im sure you will get through this time.