PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet LGW the truth?

skyboy1919
7th Jun 2003, 21:57
Hi all, have been offered a position with Easyjet at LGW and was wondering what they are like to work for, I know that you can do a lot of sectors and work hard but otherwise thats all I know, whats they pay like, chance of promotion, people, and company like, is it fun,? any info would be greatfully recived

welshwonder
9th Jun 2003, 17:22
The seven sectors a day thing?? I've only heard of that on the Liverpool to Belfast flights......20 minute sectors.....You wont do 7 Barcelona's or anything :p

Speedmaster
9th Jun 2003, 19:32
The Edinburgh based EZY crews do 6 sectors per day, mixture of STN, LTN, BFS etc

Devils Advocate
13th Jun 2003, 01:17
In case you're wondering, and based on the figures (above) provided by 'samoir', when expressed as an equivalent annual gross ( pre-tax ) amount:

Probationary crew : £12,000 pa

SCCM : £22,500 pa

Nb. To get these figures you can use this: Salary Calculator (http://www.i-resign.com/uk/financialcentre/tax_calculator.asp)

ezygalleyboy
15th Jun 2003, 19:33
Hey, my advice is go for it!

I've been at EZY for 2 years, and although I had had some really bad times, I've had some great times as well.

Yes, you do work hard, but you get paid well, and the career prospects are really good.

The best thing about EZY is the crew! Everyone is soooo nice, and we all get along and work together!

Plus, you're not signing your life away. If you don't like it you only have to give one weeks notice on probation.

Just give it a try is my advice

Ezy Galley Boy xxx

skyboy1919
15th Jun 2003, 22:28
Hi all thanks for your advice,
one last question, they told us that you earn £800 a month as main crew on probation, is that about right, as it seems awful low considering the amount of work you do.

I am gonna take it I think, just want to know about the money as its a real drop for me

Thanks again

ezygalleyboy
19th Jun 2003, 02:50
Thats about right - but it's only for 6 months.

After that your take home is about £1,100 a month.

Plus it is a permenant contract!

flyblue
19th Jun 2003, 03:12
Just to let you EZ folks know, I'll be on a blind check ;) next Friday on one of your flights to LGW to attend at the GatBash :cool: