PDA

View Full Version : Istruttore de aviazione a Italia!

Mark24
7th Jun 2003, 09:16
Ciao,

Mi dispiace, io non parlare buon Italiano...io apprendere per soltanto tre mese!

Sono interessato a lavoro in Italia per instruttore de aviazione. Io pensare quello vorrei lavoro vicino a Verona (io ho amico a Verona...), Padua, Brescia, Milan etc...

Prima, mi sembre mi devi parlare buon Italiano...si?

And just incase that did not make any sense...

I am interested in working as a flying instructor in Northern Italy. Anywhere around the Northern cities I have named. I often visit Italy (about once a month...friends etc) and have fallen in love with the way of life and the culture and would therefore like to work out there for one or two years. I have just turned 23 so have time on my side!

Is it easy to work as a flying instructor in Italy? On average, how much do instructors get paid? How good will my Italian have to be?

I hope someone can help,

Ciao,

M.

C-47
9th Jun 2003, 05:04
Hi Mark24,

of course I can give you some advices on finding a job as a flight instructor in Northern Italy: I live in Milan and I'm quite familiar with the area you mentioned (Verona, Padua, Brescia etc.).

You didn't wrote about the licenses which you already have.

If you have already an instructor license "JAA compliant" things might be a little easier. But, if you don't have them yet I'd rather suggest you to get them where you live (UK isn't it?). By the time you'll finish, Italy will be hopefully JAA compliant and therefore your license will be autmoatically recognised.

Well, that's all I can say at this time.

Why don't you post some more details so that I can give you some more specific answers?

CIAO

Mark24
9th Jun 2003, 08:56
Grazie tante C-47...tu sei molto gentile!

Adesso, io ho PPL (e notte), prima otto ATPL esami e finire mio esami a settembre. Dopo io sperare a finire CPL e instruttore volo esami non posteriore di dicembre.

....just trying to make an effort! I have PPL (200 hours), night rating, first eight ATPL's and just finishing the rest off at Oxford now. I hope to have the CPL and Instructor rating by mid december at the latest. I think that I shall also complete my IR (if not, IMC).

Is there much need for instructors in this area at the moment? I know of one school at Brescia Montechiari that would be a perfect location for me. If you had any infomation on approximate pay for flight instructors I would be very grateful. I think that the aeroclub at Montechiari has flight instructor courses...would it be best to complete this rating in Italy?

I don't think I am going to get an airline position for a couple of years so instructing would seem to be the best way forward...plus I like the idea of teaching! Is my lack of Italian likely to be a problem....although I should be better by the end of the year...I hope!

Again, thankyou!

M.

C-47
9th Jun 2003, 13:49
Hi Mark24,

I would recommend you to finish your CPL and instructor rating in UK rather than Italy. I had the opportunity to deal with some Italian schools and I found them as big "pain in the neck" which I never expected.

Just to make an example, when I came back from the U.S. with my U.S. CPL I decided to convert it in Brescia Montichiari: my instructor was (a famous guy around here who wrote many aviation books). Not speaking about the instructor (who I'd prefere to kill rather than shake his hand...) I found this school quite well organised but not prepared at all to manage a student willing to spend there the shortest time possiblie. When I was ready to take the checkride for my CPL the director of the school refused to arrange the exam itself and preferred to delay it of two months in order to rent the only twin (an old Piper Seneca...) to a member of the Aeroculb willing to fly alot of hours with it. This episode pissed me off because of my desire to get my CPL as soon as possibile. Of course I cannot guarantee you that all flght schools in Italy are like Brescia but...

Also, the Italian Civil Aviation Authority is not so efficent as the UK CAA is...so better not to deal with these guys...

The only GOOD flight school I know in Italy is in Viterbo (about 30NM north of Rome): you might try to find out some infos on the web or asking in the forum...

Anyway I'd finally suggest you to get your instructor rating in the UK (Oxford is known as a VERY good school...) and, after that, plan to spend a couple of weeks by visiting each flight school in Northern Italy (or wherever you're planning to live), offering your Resume and asking for a job as an instructor.

I am not sure that there are so many job openings at this time, in particular for a "low time" instructor. But you can try...

I have no idea about the salary: when I was in Brescia the instructor costed me about €60/hour (which is not bad at all) but I am not sure that also a young and "low time" instructor can get the same money.

The knowledge of italian doesn't seems a big problem for me as you already know it well and it will certanely improve a little by the time you'll be here!

Hope this helps...

Fell free to ask more (if you have other doubts) and/or to contact me privately if you prefere (see my email on my profile).

CIAO