PDA

View Full Version : NEWSFLASH: Reds in Hants!

Training Risky
6th Jun 2003, 22:14
News just in:

10 shiny red hawk jets have just rolled up on to VAS at a secret helicopter base in Hampshire:ok:

Will I finally get to fulfill my ambition of meeting, and getting an autograph of a Sparrow?

Will they grace the bar in their shiny red suits and talk to us??

I can't wait, I'm so excited!

EESDL
9th Jun 2003, 00:45
Enjoyed the sarcasism!

StopStart
9th Jun 2003, 02:17
Enjoyed the spelling!

Dipole
10th Jun 2003, 15:38
Does anyone actually enjoy watching their display?

I've always thought it strange that should the Sparrows have the last display slot, it encourages people to head for their cars and leave.

Gainesy
10th Jun 2003, 16:14
Nothing to do with their display;it gives you a 20min head start on the traffic though.

Grob Driver
10th Jun 2003, 20:45
I have to say that I do think that the majority of people do enjoy their displays… Maybe not the hardened aircraft ‘spotter’ or aircrew who are either jealous, envious, or just not interested…. But Mr and Mrs Bloggs love them, and that’s who they are aimed at… Good PR for the Royal Air Force.

People like to criticise them, but they really are very good… You might not like what they do, but they do do it very well!!!

Shall I get my coat?!!!!!

Grob Driver

:ok:

EESDL
10th Jun 2003, 21:19
So how do you spell sarcasm?

SOMAT
10th Jun 2003, 23:01
Grob Driver,

Well said; the Reds are better than many teams I've seen.

Ludwig
10th Jun 2003, 23:12
Not everyone is a fan! Following a low pass last weekend at an airfield near me, within minutes of their departure, the nimby brigade had telephoned for CAA Enforcements' number to report these holigans!::mad:

ENG
11th Jun 2003, 01:54
I had the good fortune of driving the 'Reds' around the US many years ago and the reception the yanks gave them was out of this world.
At one reception a table had been laid out for them, in front of a stage with attendent 'C/W Band', in a hall which must have contained over 150 guest, all in best frock and jeans. Unfortunatley, the Reds were running late and the hosts for the evening were getting a little worried they weren't going to arrive. Then we arrive 'Green-bagged C-130 Heros' spied the table which had RAF in big letters above and swiftly moved into the void. We sat down, the crowd roared into applause and the 'Good Ole Blues Brother Band" started to play. We were beating the ladies off with our Sh***y sticks all night. Oh the Reds pitched up 30 minutes later in blazer and tie, looking like 9 d**ks to many at a brothel. Nice guys though.

MG
12th Jun 2003, 17:13
I'm sure The Reds are a great recruiting asset etc but does anyone think that its about time that their aircraft had a make-over? The current design dates from 1980 when they swapped to Hawks. Not too trendy now me thinks! Look at the Swiss team to see a good, sharp colour scheme and then look at ours. 9 Starksy & Hutches flying in formation. I just think that its time to have a new look, that's all!